need help my friends

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

ochetura03

hi i got a double wide fleetewood trailer and im planing on doing the hole roof,i just got 1 question for now how thick is the plywood that the trailer normaly come with?thank you
awo ni orunmila ochetura
JD
Site Admin

I have seen both 3/8" and 1/2" roof sheathing on mobile homes. I think 1/2" is better because there is more for the roofing nail to hold on to. When installing a new shingle roof, you usually don't need to replace ALL of the sheathing. Just the sheets that have water damage is usually enough. But if the sheathing does feel a little soft and spongy between the trusses, it may be a good idea to replace those also. That could be due to long term but minor attic humidity problems.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Jim from Canada

It depends on the type of roof. On a peaked roof like mine with the trusses 2' OC, I used 5/8" T&G plywood. I would use nothing less. It came with 1/2" OSB with H clips, which is min. code, but it was springy between the trusses and therefore not good enough.
ochetura03

ok guys thanks alot
awo ni orunmila ochetura