Painted Textured Walls....Yaaay!!!!

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Trudi

Some of you know that I removed batten strips (mh has been there quite a few years, so hopefully it has done all its major shifting), primed, applied texture, then re-primed, and had to come back home before getting to paint, the FUN part :-)
That was back in November.

I finally got to go back (beach in SC) and paint. Here is a BEFORE and AFTER. You can't really see much of the texture, because I edited it to cut my son out of the pic. I still have to paint the trim, do a "wash" on the walls, etc.

The picture on the table (in # 1) and on the wall (# 2) is my inspiration pic. I love the yellow with the blue shutters. I plan to put blue shutters at the window where the table is to mimic it. The kitchen will be next, and I still haven't decided where to put the joint compound bricks.Image
Trudi

Good for you! I know how long you've been wanting to do that. Feels good to accomplish something, doesn't it?
Trudi

Yes, it does. Thanks for responding; you are the first from over 120 views. :lol:
Trudi

No problem. That's what it's all about, sharing each other's accomplishments (no matter how small they seem to us) and encouraging one another.
Trudi

I agree. Thanks again. :lol:
Trudi

You're welcome! :wink:
texasprairierose

Am I missing something here or Is this page messed up? What I am seeing on my screen is a conversation between two people but it is showing that Trudi is the poster of everything. :?:
Trudi

LOL! Hi TPR,
Yes, I am the poster of everything. It's just my warped sense of humor. :wink: When I realized that I was the only one interested in what I finally got to do, I decided to post to myself. I had a good chuckle while doing it. :)
Johnny

Trudi it does look good
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Yanita

Hi,

Your right and no you don't seem to missing anything. I see the same as you, everything posted by Trudi.

Trudi,

I can only "assume" that you have not gotten any responses is that from the pic you can not see any texture. I personally choose not to respond for that reason, hence I thought I would come across as rude.

But you made mention of all the "views" and no responses. Your color choice is pretty, but as I said it does not show any texture.

Please keep us posted as you continue throughout your home.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Trudi

Johnny, you're a sweetie. Thank you. :)

Yanita, thanks, and it really is okay. I realize that the texture doesn't show well until after it's glazed, but I was just so excited about getting to finally paint it, I couldn't wait to share. I do like the color; it's very "sunny."

As for posting to myself, this happened once on another forum when some of us "friends" were discussing a matter. I suddenly realized that someone had overlooked my post, so, as a joke, I began "talking" to myself. They realized what had happened, and we all had a good laugh, so I did the same thing here. The thing is, they were used to my warped humor, and I didn't consider the fact that I haven't been here for years and years, as I was there. Poor TPR thought she was missing something, instead of knowing that it was just me being me.

I did get better shots of the texture, but in them, the color wasn't true, so I opted for color this time. I'll show more when it's glazed. Thanks all.
texasprairierose

Trudi,

I figured that is what you were doing...I have to admit that there have been times that I wanted to do that myself!
Trudi

:) Thanks for understanding.
flcruising

Yes Trudi, it does look good. Can't see the texture, but the lack of strips is nice.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Trudi

Thank you, and that's a good point about the lack of strips. That's something in itself. I'll try to get a better shot that I don't have to edit out a large part, the next time I'm there. Thanks again :!: