Is water under a mobile home bad?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Breck09

I read someplace where there could be no standing water or dampness under your mobile home. I am asking because where mine's sit there stood water for quite some time. Water often settle in the yard and run under the house the past few years after the land owner fixed the pipes running through the park it is no longer there. So I am wondering have these years of water caused any damage.
Harry

Hi

Yes ... water under a MH can be bad.

To inspect for possible damage you would need to go down under with a bright light.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

Moisture is one of your home's worst problems. It can cause rot & mold. As Harry said you need to check it out and enough ventilation. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Breck09

Harry wrote:Hi

Yes ... water under a MH can be bad.

To inspect for possible damage you would need to go down under with a bright light.

Harry

Thanks,

I went under there when the main pipes were fixed and I saw what look like the under padding stuffing coming out from around the main sewer line. So I crawled under further and checked and there was no leakage from the pipe, so could this had been caused by water under it for about 4 years. That is the only thing I saw.
Breck09

Greg wrote:Moisture is one of your home's worst problems. It can cause rot & mold. As Harry said you need to check it out and enough ventilation. Greg
Hi Greg, how do you ventilate the place?