Water

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jazzbo

My 1st question on the new forum so hope I do it right! Our water fluxuates in the showersonly. All other faucets are fine. Going from hot to cold several times we shower,what does that indicate to you. It is an electric 40 gal unit. I have replaced the elements last year(Feb) due to the 'hard water' we have. Thermostat maybe?
Greg

Hi & welcome back. Are you talking about temp. or pressure fluxuation. If it is shower only I would suspect a problem in the deverter valve. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jazzbo

The problem is in the temp,not pressure. What is a "defector valve"?? Something in the tank? We're on well water here(hard). I may have to replace the whole tank if the buildup continues! You can hear the elements reheating pretty clear. Thanks for any reply. -- I'm not fixing it if it 'aint broke but something sure is making the water go from hot to cold periodically!!!! :cry:
Maureen

Hi Jazzbo, welcome to the new forum!

A diverter valve is the part of the shower/tub faucet that allows you to divert the tub water into the shower head. It's located in the faucet itself.

I live in an area with hard water also. There are only 2 reasons that the water temp fluctuates. One is that the hot water heater is on it's way out, the other is if someone else is trying to use hot water elsewhere in the home.

Before we replaced the old hot water heater and switched the toilets to the low flows, any use of water would change the temp of the shower!

Maureen
8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'