Coleman Oil furnace shut down

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jcronin885

The furnace will start up fine with good flame and run for about a minute and then shuts down, it will reset just fine before I just buy parts and start guessing what would be the best way of troubleshooting the items such as flame detector, etc I would be grateful for any advice
Robert

Hi,

Do a search here for oil furnace questions. Oil furnaces is something I have had little experience with and because of that I do not give advice here on them.

We have had past members who were homeowners and hvac techs who were very well versed in them who answered several posts.

Beyond that, will need to see if someone experienced replies or call an hvac tech with oil furnace experience.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
DigitalDreams

I posted this somewhere else on the forum but there was a recall on
quite a few coleman furnaces and this may be one of them if you can find my post here in the forum I had put a link in it to the recall site which listed all the models involved and the problem was a heat exchanger getting to hot which in a fuel oil furnace would trigger the over limit switch and shut down the furnace.Not saying you have one of the models recalled but would not hurt to check.
Johnny

This is the link DigitalDreams was talking about.

This link is to a recall
page which you may want to print out as it may get your furnace fixed for free.

http://www.dgatprogram.com/

If this isn't the problem it is still worth checking on as a breeched heat exchanger can be a major hazard.
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Robert

His furnace is not one of the recalled furnaces. IF you do not have experience in oil furnace troubleshooting, just as I did, please refrain from guessing at a solution.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?