digital tv revisited

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

My signal(14 channels)mostly went away with the snowcovered ground. Well I finally got tired of just a few channels and just now changed to the higher quality and much newer cable from the unused satelite dish like DigitalDreams suggested,,,KABAMMO!! got My 14 channels back,did a scan,and,picked up 4 more channels! Now i get 7 different stations and 18 total channels..

There is still an 8' chunk of old standard RG6 from the antenna to the splice with the good cable,when I get rid of that chunk and hook the high performance cable direct to the antenna I bet that helps even more..

Now I can get by fine till the total conversion date and by then the trees will be leafed out and I'll know if I need to raise the antenna or not,,heh heh,,never did do that yet.

Anyhow,,TY much DigitalDreams,,that's good advice Ya got there!

Dean
DigitalDreams

Just trying to help Dean, is area had little experience in (6 years army radio) (4 years owning antenna and satellite tv shop) 25 years putting up my own, and friends, so got a little practical experience under my belt. Besides being the cheap skate I am I can make a cloths hanger bring in tokyo if it will save me 20 bucks.Actually that last lines not true I'd use 54 cloths hangers cause I tend to build things to overkill.
Dean3

Well that experience sure helped Me man...I don't have a wire clothes hanger left it the house anywhere! LOL.. Got plenty of the nearly worthless plastic ones tho.. Ocasionally I do suspended cielings tho and have some rolls of hanger wire,that's handy stuff too.

Latest update; the next day was also cloudy and dreary,some channels kinda bad. I had My 8' stepladder back home from work so I climbed to the roof and got rid of the last length of old cable(was more like 12')and ran the good stuff direct to the antenna hookup. Yet again eliminating the older low performance cable helped. I do ok at this point,,except for stations to the south,they just don't reach my setup. Am thinking of getting some aluminum tape to wrap the connections at the antenna too just in case there is signal leaking there.

PBS NOVA has been showing Alien From Earth,about the "hobbit" humanoid creature who's bones were found on Flores Indonesia,,very interesting subject,lots of questions still to answer,I would like to see them make new shows on it every week!

Dean
lefties

Now you really got my attention,,is some of this post missing? Seems like I just caught the tail end!!
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
Yanita

Hey Lefties,

Yup, you missed 7 pages of this discussion! Go back a few pages and you will see the original post, titled digital tv's.

viewtopic.php?t=4779

Hope all is going well with you.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!