Double wide or manufactured home or the same?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

garypely

Okay today we looked at a 1996 home. It is a 4 bedroom 2 bath home. It has the usual peak above the door, shingled roof and vinyl sided. Under neath the skirting it is sitting on metal beams. How is this classified? This will be in a park if we purchase it. Is there any other insurers that insure homes besides foremost? Also what is people opinions of foremost insurance?
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

Manufactured/MH same difference.

Foremost insurance, if you can afford it it is the best MH insurance nationwide! Foremost is who I have. There are many companies tat write policies for MH's but your premiums will depend on where you live. In recent years with all the floods, hurricanes and tornadoes insurance is getting pretty pricey.

Make sure to ask your insurance agent about "replacement cost" coverage as well. I have found many won't tell you about it unless you ask.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
DigitalDreams

Foremost by far,when I set mine up in the country
the only concerns they had was closest fire department and number of smoke alarms and
fire safety devices and they were the only ones
with a decent rate on my 1973.The only other one
I found was dairyland and they stopped doing it I
think.
NMBowtie

We have our auto insurance through Geico, and they have a partnership of some kind with American Bankers Insurance for MH insurance. There is a link on Geico's website for Homeowners, then I think you can choose Manufactured Home, and it gives you a number. They have been reasonably priced, and easy to work with on changes, etc. I have never had a claim, so I can't tell you how well they handle them. Just another option, at least.
Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
Yanita

I had American Bankers once...and the very first time I had to deal with them was easy enough, BUT...don't expect a decent return on your claim...example 1.70 was the most they would pay a plumber for a toilet removal.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
garypely

We went with foremost. Our primary for auto is USAA (my wife's father is military) but they partner with Foremost for mobile home insurance.

We went with replacement value.