Do you smoke...?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Demolition

Different states have different rules about how much tobaccco you can legally have without a license. Check your local laws.

They raised the tobacco tax in Arkansas this past Feburary... Excuse me.. they didnt raise it. They just imposed the tax twice.

I am in some talks with people to correct the situation.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Dean3

Iowa has no regs for growing for personal use,,Feds neither,just can't sell it without a permit. I have to check with the county extension office as to local regs.

Dean
Dean3

I'm drunk as a skunk../It's getting late in the season to start more seedlings but I have lots of Burley seeds left and want to use them up.

I bought 150 Solo 16oz cups for transplanting some varieties but I gotta get more seedling space soon,,very soon! I'm told tobacco seeds may or may not keep for a long time,,after dropping $40 for the last batch I wanna at least experiment with them. I can't wait till next Spring already!!,,,wanna plant a real garden,,not just tobacco.

Dean
Mark440

The irony of the whole "smokers cause higher health costs" is that it is exactly the opposite. Lung cancer is usually quick to kill - hence the hospital and doctor bills are much, much less when compared to someone who lives into the later ages. These really older folks are the ones running up the tab as their bodies slowly fail - and the doctors try to keep patching them up.

Also, when a smoker croaks from lung cancer...there is almost always a very huge chunk of social security that doesn't get doled out.

Yet once again, smokers are made out to be the demons of society - yet we are footing the bill for a whole lot of other peoples ills.

As for the illegals - why hasn't any of those smart politicians come up with a way to bill the care back to the govt of the home country??

Anybody ever noticed that Mexico doesn't have much border enforcement OUT of Mexico??
Dean3

I'm late gettin My coffee so please bear with Me,My responses are "no offense meant".

Agreed,but,if My Elders were still alive I would be happier.--Agreed again,as the religious and "anti-anything-groups" get stronger the "demons" are villified to some extent,,that historic pendulum swings.

I think We should hand them a carton of smokes and an ounce of tobacco seeds(350,000 per oz)on the way in and say in spanish "make it happen".. :D just kidding--I think.

Lastly,,money sent south of the border is filtered *up* in class to the Wealthy,,they won't use influence to stop the flow of their poorest people and mess that up unless there's *more* money in it to do so. If anything is done it will be on the USA's shoulders to induce and maintain the action.. Someday We will see that We are being drained from many different directions with less % of profit coming in,as they say today,,"unsustainable",,We're gonna get tired..

When We gonna start growing coffee up here anyway? :)

Dean
Dean3

On a broader side-note;

Someday soon enough,,We may well *need* all regions of the world(food/energy/medicine),from the tropics to desert lands worldwide. Maybe,just maybe,having friends/relatives from these areas will be beneficial. Check the population estimates here.

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

Dean
DigitalDreams

I still say annex mexico as a bunch of new states then we could tax the heck out of all them just like we do us and it would give all the snow birds a new florida.
Dean3

If We could bring South America "onboard" it could be well worth it even in the short term(50 years maybe). Now that would lend a whole new meaning to the term "The Americas". We already defend 1/2 the world anyway,,why not add some shoreline/area?..The Prez is schmoozing up to Cuba as We speak,maybe they will be 1st onboard.

The biggest long term problem I see with annexing Mexico/S America would be a population explosion,,,there would be a babyboom-Xs-100!. Maybe an efficient birth control education would be in urgent need.

Dean
DigitalDreams

Hey dean look at the upside schmoozing up to cuba could me
cheap Havana's cause you could get them direct instead of out of canada.
Dean3

I thought I was gonna go to cuba and hook up with the tobacco farmer's daughter?! This ain't lookin as fun as it used to.. :D

Dean
DigitalDreams

You are gonna hook up with the farmers daughter who ya think rolls them stogy's.
Dean3

LOL,,okay,,while She's busy rollin I'll have a smoke and schmooze Her Sister a while. Then We'll hop into a 1955 Chevy(taxi)and go see the country. It's soundin better again. :)

Dean
DigitalDreams

55! More like 67 galoshnicough with dead russian still in the trunk.
Dean3

LOL!

Tobacco growers in Cuba kill russians and stuff 'Em in trunks?!?! Who'da thunk it? :) Or am I now a spy snaggin' some schmooze while fighting evil on an island country of southern latitude? That action could seriously degrade the schmooze time. :D

If they built cars like the AK47 was built I'd buy one,,rugged,dependable,high power,and,efficient,,oh,moderate price too,,what a beautiful combo. Kinda like the Colt 45 1911 pistol and/or Ellie May Clampett!!.

Dean
DigitalDreams

No Dean Russian cars were absolutely pitiful,the only things they did good was vodka and ak-47's you have to remember during the cold war era the ak-47 was the staple of their war machine and they drank the vodka everyday so they done these two well,but only the rich could afford a car, so if you were a poorly paid underling in a Russian car factory,would you have worried if it was a good car or not.