New Here! Howdy Ya'll!!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

QueenofmyDoubleWide

Greetin's Ya'll!! :D
This is my first posting,and Im still getting familiar with this forum. So I want to take the moment to introduce myself a lil' bit.

My hubby, myself and our daughter are currently living in not only our first home, but first mobile. We actually bought it almost four years ago. Online. Something I certainly wouldn't recommend doing. But we got lucky.It was a bank foreclosure. Our double wide is a 1995 Clayton on a 1/2 acre of our own land. We are located in a subdividsion in a rural area of Tennessee. Majority of our neigbhors are also in mobiles except for one stick built. It's a great little neigbhorhood where neighbors look out for each other and help each other out. We are very happy here.

My hubby is a school bus driver and myself a stay at home mom, freelance artist and dolly dressmaker.

Since we've bought our mobile we pretty much have redone the interior. We had blue carpet throughout with the kitchen, both bathrooms in a blue theme, and bedrooms with blue toned wallpaper. Needless to say, I got very tired of blue. LOL.....we also HATE carpet!! It's NASTY!! And since my daughter and I both suffer with allergies, and she being in a wheelchair we got rid of the nasty carpet!! She uses a specialized walker and it was also hard for her to push it around with the carpet.

We put ceramic tile in our laundry room, and kitchen/dining area. Both bedrooms, living room and hallway have wood laminate. Our family room is currently subfloor and we plan on doing ceramic tile in there. We've also repainted pretty much every room in our house too! Eventually we want to replace the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. And put ceramic tile in both bathrooms.
When we bought the place there was no landscaping. Which is good, as its like starting with a fresh canvas. But I've been slowing building my flower bed, and another plan is to build out the back deck (currently only three feet wide) which is off the sliders in our family room, and build a wheelchair ramp down to the pool deck so its easier to get our daughter to the pool.

Overall, we are very happy with our mobile home. And I hope to learn alot from here. I will probably have some future questions about mobiles!
Greg

Hi & welcome. We don't recommend ceramic floor tiles in a mobile. There have been MANY problems with cracking as the home shifts, Some have even though they were being shot at when the break.

A good laminate floor is the way to go, they allow for movement and are easy to install. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
QueenofmyDoubleWide

We've had our ceramic tile now just about a year, and have not had a problem with it.
Greg

I'm not saying you will but I'm not saying you won't either, but the odds are not in your favor. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Teresa73

Welcome to the Forums :D

I think it sounds like you got a great deal on your doublewide,
and have made a very nice home for your family.

Sincerely,
Teresa
Please Spay & Neuter Your Pets =^.^=
QueenofmyDoubleWide

Greg wrote:I'm not saying you will but I'm not saying you won't either, but the odds are not in your favor. Greg
We did install the DensGuard tile backer beneath it. And did the tiles in a diamond pattern. Maybe that made a difference. I don't know. But so far, so good.

BTW, thanks for the welcome!!
QueenofmyDoubleWide

Teresa73 wrote:Welcome to the Forums :D

I think it sounds like you got a great deal on your doublewide,
and have made a very nice home for your family.

Sincerely,
Teresa
Thanks Teresa!

Yes, we are very happy.
In fact, there's a old single wide behind us. It's about thirty years old, a rental. And its currently vacant. And my hubby and I wouldn't mind at some point getting that for the land and expanding our lot size from a 1/2 acre to an acre.
Dean3

Welcome Queen;

Tile pops might be a more common occurance farther north due to frost heave,Tennessee might do better on that score,although settling can happen anywhere/anytime and cause it.

Densguard makes good wall panel too,was easy to get a smoothe finnish in Bro-in-Law's basement,it is supposedly mold resistant and good for allergies.

Maybe fix the old singlewide and keep for guest house,,uurgh,,extra taxes,utilities,and,upkeep tho..A small shed there complete with water might be good tho.

Dean