multimaster tool, anybody use one?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Brenda (OH)

Hi...

confession... I am a tool addict, and have especially low resistance to gadgetity new tools

I have heard of a tool called an multimaster. it is an high speed oscillating tool that you can use to cut, sand, etc remove grout, cut caulk, cut under or behind moldings, scrape off thin set, etc.

if you have seen the infomercial, you know which tool I mean lol

I just wondered if anyone has the tool, and has used it to work on MH repair?

it is supposed to be easier and safer to use than a reciprocating saw, it is similar technology to a cast cutting saw.

Since I have had a few scary moments with the circular saw and the reciprocating saw, I am very tempted to get this tool.
(ok, even more tempted than usual when I see an infomercial)

I have skirting to cut, a floor repair coming up, and I often am handcutting things with a utility knife, especially plastic siding etc to use cover exposed areas like around window and doors

so... feedback to talk me into or out of this next pricey tool would be helpful.... lol

Brenda (OH)
Maureen

Hi Brenda,

Sorry, I'm no help here! I haven't seen the infomercial about this product. I watch very little TV these days.

I still use a recip and a circular saw. Using caution, protection and following the power rules have always been high on my list! If you follow those rules, then normal power tools should work fine. That's just my opinion.

Maybe someone else will chime in with their thoughts!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Harry

Hi Brenda

It is a small tool. It would be good for small jobs. It would not be good for big jobs such as replacing the skirting.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?