ANTS!!!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Greg

Is anyone else going through an ant invasion?? It seems that there are many in our park that are being invaded with them, not sure if it is the weather or what but I am about to declare chemical warfare on them!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi Greg,

Not yet, but as soon as we get a bunch of rain if this home is like our last then we will have them every morning! A run of tiny black ants going across the counter! :x

Since we are in the south I keep everything, like sugar, flour, cornmeal, cereals etc in glass containers. Wipe up every little spill, in, on and under everything!

Even with doing this I still have gotten ants, even with a pest control company. I try to stay away from a lot of chemicals, but when push comes to shove out they come!

I do not have any favorite item I use for these little black ants... I usually follow where they trail is leading to and from and try to eliminate that source...for us it is generally right to the cat food!

I did learn a neat trick for that though from a elderly lady, set the feeding dishes in a aluminum tray (baking dish etc) and 1/2 fill with water. Set the dishes in that, the ants will not cross the water. The bags of food I keep in a real large rubbermaid container in the pantry.

Have a great night,

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Maureen

Hey Greg,

Nope no ants here yet, but give it a month LOL! We've had a few warm days, but not enough for them to come out yet.

I've always used Terro for the little black sugar ants and the smaller red ants that we have. Not sure what type you have. I use my borax and sugar for the fire ants. Haven't had a problem with either for a couple of years, but they come in cycles with the weather.

Do a search for Terro, most home stores carry it.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Harry

Hi Greg

I thought we had them all...

Lots of money made on ant cures but nothing completely eliminates them here. We sort of move them around.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

We picked up the Terro prefilled last night, but with the weather forcast - 12-18" of snow by Monday I doubt there will be much activity. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Handweaving

Hey all,
I've used Grant..the little silver things with a hole in the top and they have a flat......well, if you want to see the box I'll put it in my pics. Anyway they work well and here in Central Illinois we do get ants. Usually once I put them out they are gone from that area within a few days.