My little rant

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Sylvia

Today was supposed to be a very happy day. We paid off the cottage and it's ours without a mortgage.

On the way to the bank to pick up the cashiers check in the safe deposit box, I was rear ended by an uninsured motorist. My SUV is screwed up and my back is screwed up.

He then calls the company I work for and gives false information and starts a policy. aaarrrghhh. Too bad he didn't start it an hour or so before. We're out our deductible. :evil: :x :evil:
Yanita

Sorry to hear the bad news....

Every state that I have lived in says if you rear end somebody the accident is automatically your fault!

You work for an insurance company right?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi Sylvia

Congratulations on the mortgage payoff. There's nothing like living rent free.

Around here it doesn't do much good to chase an uninsured motorist. Most lawyers won't even take the case. You can get a judgement but collecting is another matter.

Take care of that back.

Good Luck

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
JD
Site Admin

Sorry to hear about your accident Sylvia. I hope your back gets to feeling better soon.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Sylvia

Yanita, yeah I work for the lizard. I'm in auto sales.

I know if this dude can't pay for auto insuance he can't pay for the damages. Although on doing a bit of research found he does apparently own a home in Tulsa.

Since I have medical bills and Geico will have to pay that they may try to subrogate (or get the money reimbursed) by idjit.

It was just insult to injury literally when the police offiecer called and told me that the guy had Geico insurance and gave me the policy number. Policy numbers are sequencial. He couldn't have gotten the policy more than 30 minutes from the accident. I'm glad it's clearly documented what time the accident was. I don't want Geico paying for his vehicle either saying that it was damaged later.

He sort of forgot to mention the accident that just happened and the ticket he rec'd to the agent who sold him the policy.

People like this guy are why insurance rates are so expensive. :evil:

Ok so maybe it's a big rant :oops:
kashton

I really hope you are OK. I know what it is like to have Back problems. As for the guy, I hope you stick it to him. He deserves it!!!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Harry

Hi Sylvia

In order to collect your deductable:

If the home is his residence you might be able to get a lien on the property but I don't think you can force the sale of the property...in Oklahoma.

Please keep us posted.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Sylvia

Hardly worth the trouble for $250.00. Just couldn't come at a worse time. Between scraping the money together to pay off the cottage and scrape the money together to finish the lower level, theres no more money to scrape. :roll:
Yanita

Sylvia,

Sorry to laugh, I certainly can understand since my car had been hit 3 times in as many months!

With all that you have done inside and out I am surprised that you did not plant a money tree! :wink:

How is your back feeling today?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Sylvia

My back is a bit achey. I've always had issues with it, so I try to baby it. The doctor gave me meds however I was so nauseous from them I stayed in bed most of the day. :| Some day off :x

BTW if you know of any money trees, let me know. We surely could use one about now. The bank loaned us enough money to pay the contractors i.e the evacavator, the mason, the hvac guy and the plumber. Everything else was to be done by DH. Banker wanted to know why were weren't done yet and postponed our loan AGAIN. We have almost everything. We just need 221 sf of carpet for the master bedroom. (just???) Other than that, I'm hopeful we have everything.
Greg

Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like a job for Judge Judy!!Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Maureen

Hey Sylvia,

I feel your pain! These things never hit at the 'right' time!

Our youngest son is still in our insurance. Earlier this year he got hit in the rear by a hit a run driver. No damage at all. Then, he got clipped by a hit and run driver on the freeway. This one took out his driver side mirror. The last one, he had to take my truck to work. Some idiot backed into my truck in the parking garage. Big crease in my rear door on the SUV.

In each case, our only choice is to report these incidents to the insurance company and let our son pay the difference, or just repair them ourselves. The first two were actually reported through police reports, just the claims weren't filed. Since his insurance, with a clean record, no tickets, is still over $300 a month, we'll eat the repair bills. Since he's on our insurance, the deducible is $500 for each repair.

Hope you're feeling better! At least in our case no one was injured!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Sylvia

Maureen when the police are called you probably should still call your insurer. Later when they pull up the MVR on a renewal or when it's time for him to get his own policy it will look like they were at fault claims since you didn't call them in. Have copies of the police reports where you can access them if need be at any rate.
Maureen

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the information! We did inform on the first one, and his insurance rate went up! Even though they came out and took photos of his car.... no damage! The car behind him was rear ended and that car tapped his car. The car that originally rear ended the car in back of him, took off... a hit and run. If you're a male in Nevada and under 25, expect to pay some big bucks for car insurance! That's full coverage.

We just figured that each incident that we reported would increase his insurance at this point! He's trying to get himself through college right now. Extra money for insurance, when it's not his fault is just crazy! All he's doing right now is attending classes and working. He doesn't have much more time for overtime work to pay for other idiots! I just don't understand why his insurance rate goes up, when police reports state that it wasn't his fault.

I'm thinking that it has something to do with the no fault insurance laws we have here?

Sure hope that you're feeling better!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'