Used Mobile home

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Ruth

We are thinking about purchasing a mobile home, however the siding is not well, and it seems like the pier one foundation is leaning. There are cracks in 2 of the bedrooms. The value is listed at $54,000 for a 1996 Palm Harbor home. We don't think it's worth it. We were thinking of giving an offer just for the land, but half the mobile value. It looks like the screws are about to come out in the master bath, and also in another bathroom.

Cany anybody give some advise?
Ruru
Greg S

Best thing to do would be to have a local real estate agent take a look and give you some comps for the area.
Ask around in the area to locate a home inspector to take a look at it if you are not familiar with home repair.
Greg

Ruth, Hi & welcome. As far as price, we really can't help much since prices vary throughout the country. Check around, talk to people, check real estate web sites for the area.

Yanita has a "sticky" post in the repair section for what to look for when buying a used home. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Ruth

Thank you all for responding!
Ruru
Harry

Hi

What state and how much land?

Sounds like a project but you might land a good deal.

I like Palm Harbor.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?