siding going up

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

troyster

finally siding is going up-pics in troyster's gallery
JD
Site Admin

Hi troyster,

Siding looks real nice. Bet you will be happy to get the job done.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
troyster

You got that right JD. If I didn't work in the snow and April showers I wouldn't get any work done. Only got 2 boxes right now. The supplier managed to rustle a couple boxes out of P.G. for me and a contractor who needs to finish a job. Hopefully the other boxes will be in this week. Wife is getting antsy for me to finish because of tools & supplies laying all over home. will keep posting pics as I progress.
JD
Site Admin

Wow, you sure seem to be having problems with this supplier. You sure everything will work out alright? That looks like white double-4 Dutchlap. I don't know about the supply in your area, but it is pretty available here in California.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
troyster

Hi JD! the siding is a white double 4 dutch lap by Roytec vinyl co. It is Genesis Designer series. Unfortunately this supplier is the only one who carries this brand. the other 2 suppliers carry different brands. I went with this because my addition is the same stuff. plus these guys are wholesalers so their cheaper than the 2 building supply outfits. I also like dealing with these guys because they treat me very well. I have been assured they will get it in eventually. I have lots of siding left plus have lots of j channel, starter strip & finish trim to put up, plus my wife Cheryl wants me to install a motion detection light tomorrow so I will put along till it comes in.