GMX Water Softener

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Sally

I've been looking at household water softeners on the internet. I live alone, will shortly have a 40 gal. electric water heater, and would like to do something to arrest the incoming minerals, etc. that are choking my pipes. This appears to be affordable and doesn't take up as much room as a standing freezer, unlike some I've seen. Anybody had any experience with this company?
Sally
"No good deed goes unpunished"
Yanita

Hi,

I am going to move this to the off topic forum as it is not about repairs.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Sally

Thanks, Yanita! I didn't quite know where to post this.
Sally
"No good deed goes unpunished"
Yanita

Hi Sally,

Your fine, I try to keep the repair forum for repairs only, inquiring about products I try to keep in the Off Topic forum.

Am certainly glad I do not have the water problems that others are having. :)

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

I have never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything. Try Googleing it, and look for any reviews. Have you checked with any of the "big" compaines, like Colligan? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
shadow745

Can't comment on this particular brand, but we have owned a Rainsoft softener for about 11 years and it works great. We have had two minor issues with it (mechanical timer motor), which is to be expected with something that moves 24/7 for 11 years. Rainsoft is more expensive than most, but they require very little maintenance and the resin bead lining is guaranteed for a lifetime, something you won't get from many other companies. You could go with a cheaper alternative like the ones you see at Sears, Lowe's, etc., but they usually won't last very long like the higher end brands. You usually get what you pay for and if you have alot of hardness issues you might need to have your water checked professionally to determine EXACTLY what you need. Later!
Do what you can today, as you might not be here tomorrow!