Hudson jet crash

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

I'm glad All were rescued,amazing :!:

I have seen little concerning the jet fuel,what I did see I had to search the net for. I'll guess the fuel will be credited for part(at least) of the floatation as it is lighter than water. I'll also guess that,any second now,there will be a "big flap" about the river environment. It would add to My amazement if the plane can be lifted without/before a spill.

Dean
Harry

Hi

Yep them is some lucky folks.

I heard the plane was only carrying 1/3 load of fuel....due to the short flight to Charlotte.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Dean3

"1/3"? Thats a plus.

I did see some mention of the top of the wing being slippery cause of the fuel. It ain't good but I spose the Hudson has seen worse in the last 100 years.

Dean
Greg

I could believe the top of the wings were slippery, if for no other reason water on aluminum in 20* tempetures is going to turn into ice in no time. Great job by the pilot, he no doubt saved a lot of lives by his actions. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
tnt17

Thank you Lord for creating and being in control of this 'miracle' and guiding the rookie co-pilot!
[url=http://www.stormpulse.com]Huricane & Thunderstorm Tracker link[/url]
Greg

Well as it turns out there were no rookies on the plane, on the news this morning they said that everyone on the plane had at least 15 years with the airline. Greg
Dean3

schemefighter; Awesome vid! Some on the news initially said there was no "skipping",looks to be true. It is so cool the jet held the wings

Greg; Yep,thats kind of how it sounded to Me too,,I didn't hear the word "rookie". They said the main pilot had fighter jet experience too,back into His 20s I'll guess.

Dean
bell30655

According to the NTSB this is only the second successful "ditching" of a jet aircraft on a river in history. So this pilot really pulled a rabbit out of the hat when he brought that aircraft down in one piece and all survived. You did notice the captain was the last to leave the aircraft. Very honorable.
tnt17

I was being a bit sarcastic with the word rookie. Experienced or not, looking at the whole scenario and how it went down, you can't tell me the pilot had control of the whole situation from beginning to the end. And the infant being underwater as well as others, and the only injury being 2 broken legs. I agree Bell, call it a rabbit or call it the power from above, it was miraculous. Kudos for leaving the aircraft last as well, he's an admirable man.
[url=http://www.stormpulse.com]Huricane & Thunderstorm Tracker link[/url]
Greg

Bell, the Pilot was also the last one off of the rescue boat. Greg
Dean3

Yep,heard that He was last off,good man. I wonder if other airline pilots will rib Him about being a boat captain?! You know,just to keep Him "grounded".:)

I would chalk it up to a good pilot hitting the water right,strong plane,and,a *whole lotta* good luck,155 folk's-worth of good luck.

Last I heard they might try to get the plane out of the river tonight and still searching for the 2nd engine.

Dean
Harry

Hi

It's out.

Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Dean3

Yep! Sure is,,now the NTSB can get the investigation done. The plane looks pretty good,,,considering.

Do You think they will recycle or make a shrine from it?

Dean
Dean3

Dunno if the link will work but the vid is kinda cool,I would have liked being there to see it up close.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... 3&src=news