More kitchen pics

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Willc

Almost done !!! Granite tile counter tops and backsplash behind the stove is what is next. Sorry for the pics My Camera is 2 MP and does great outside but in here it gets interferance form somthing.

Starting over remodel junkie
kmclaughlin

will, it looks great!!
what kind of flooring do you have in the kitchen? i was looking at wood laminate ( snap together ) but maybe vinyl would be better??
i have a pretty big greyhound. i dont want something that scratches easily.
Willc

that is vinyl that will be replaced soon
kmclaughlin

Willc wrote:that is vinyl that will be replaced soon
in the pics, it doesnt look bad.. :)

i was thinking of going with laminate., but, with having a dog and all the comments on here i think vinyl may be a better way to go.
Willc

Well the carpet in the living room is shot . It is such a small space that the floor covering need to be the same ( I think). And what you cant see is the hole in the floor where I dropped an engine on it. I love the Vinyl plank floors at Lowes .The start with a C about 1.55 a square
kmclaughlin

its me again! lol
i got to tell ya my kitchen is almost the same set up. smoke detector and microwave in the exact same spot too.
i am loving the bead board and am definitely going to use it too.
Sally

Bouquets!, it looks lovely. I have no kitchen (I'm living off a 36" wide sink base and sink, a refrigerator, small appliances and shelving), so I'm planning on purchasing the unfinished cabinets from Lowe's, adding my own trim, painting and glazing myself. I am inspired by your work ... I can see that many hours went into your kitchen, and it is absolutely lovely. Seeing your results gives me hope! Love the color palette, too ...
Sally
"No good deed goes unpunished"
Sally

Sorry, forgot to mention - - laminate flooring is an excellent choice for someone with pets (i.e. especially dogs). I found a site that has a pallet price for laminate of 0.94 S/F - - that's the good news; the bad news is you must purchase at least 600+ square feet (or, I assume, an entire pallet) to get that price. But you can check it out and surf the site for yourself: http://flooring.builddirect.com/Laminat ... 65476.aspx
Good luck!
Sally
"No good deed goes unpunished"
Yanita

Hi Sally,

Not meaning to contradict you but laminate flooring is not all that great with pets or aging adults. It is very slippery. If you put any area rugs down make sure to use the rug/carpet gripper material underneath.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
kmclaughlin

Yanita wrote:Hi Sally,

Not meaning to contradict you but laminate flooring is not all that great with pets or aging adults. It is very slippery. If you put any area rugs down make sure to use the rug/carpet gripper material underneath.

Yanita
yanita, thanks! that is what i was told by an installer too. we have a greyhound and he is soo clumsy. the guy said i better decide on something else for flooring. :)
Yanita

Hi,

I currently have an elderly client in the hospital trying to recover from a broken hip...slipped on laminate flooring while in stocking feet.

My son installed laminate in his doublewide, put it in the kitchen, dining and living room, his English Mastiffs have a hard time. LOL, and all 3 of my granddaughters have had some pretty big bruises on there back sides from running around in stocking feet.

I have spent countless hours researching various products as we continue our renovations of this older doublewide. Granted I am only 48, but as we remodel I am trying to keep in mind of the things necessary for older age...wheelchairs, walkers, commode aids etc...laminate is no longer an option.

Yes, laminate looks nice, I will give it that, but I do not care for the plastic sound it has when walking on it. It also cleans easily.

JMO,

Yanita
summergardener

oops
Last edited by summergardener on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
summergardener

My son keeps recommending laminate for our kitchen. He almost had me talked into it a couple of times.

I never thought about it being slippery. I am so accident prone that I would definitely slip on it. I am turning 48 soon and also thinking about the future years in this home.

Still looking for flooring options for my kitchen.
Yanita

Hi,

With the ever increasing upgrades to vinyl and the great choices available in patterns and colors...my choice, vinyl!

Yanita
summergardener

I've seen the patterns in vinyl that resemble tile, stone, brick and wood. They are all very nice. One of those will probably be my choice. They are quieter also. I too don't like the plastic sound of most laminates I've seen.