One cold vent.

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

MattInAR

I have a double wide with an Intertherm electric blower and a heat pump. All the vents are warm in winter with the exception of the master bath vent. It blows cold air. The air feels like its coming from outside when the blower is running. When the blower is not running there is a slight draft with barely warm air coming out. Also this vent has a different type of ducting in it. All the rest of the vents have shiny aluminum square ducting and it has dull sloping aluminun ducting. In summer the vent is opposite warm when the rest of the vents are cool.
I have to keep the bathroom door closed most of the time as it is cold in winter and hot in summer.
Any sugestions?
comfortpro

My experience tells me that the ductwork under the home is disconnected from the register and boot in the master bath, leaving that register to be open to the the underside(crawlspace) of the home. The only way to determine this is to physically find the disconnection and repair it.
MattInAR

Dang! That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping because it was blowing air outlike the rest of the vents when the blower was running it was just connected wrong to the blower.
Thanks.
Build Learn Grow
tnt17

Stick a flashlight down under your register, use a small mirror in your hand and point it down the trunk line. You may see if it's not connected that way. Should see solid silver/ductwork. May have to do it on 2 different registers (example the register your having problems with and the next one down/over in another room).
[url=http://www.stormpulse.com]Huricane & Thunderstorm Tracker link[/url]