IT'S MARTINSVILLE!!!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Hi Guys,

Just got in to watch the race, really not sure whats happening yet and of course it's commercial time.

I do see Jeff in the lead, I think Tony somewhere in 5,6,7 and heard that the last caution was a good thing "again" for Matt Kenseth.

Hopefully Tony gets a good finish this weekend.

Ok fans join in...

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi Yanita,

I saw the last 10 laps. Hated to see Jeff placed in that position and wasn't happy the way it played out.

Jeff definately had the faster car and Jimmie took advantage of the fact he felt Jeff wouldn't bump him out of the way.

He was right this time, not sure about it being that way again.

Jeff took the high road and backed off, but wasn't very pleased about it.

I'm afraid in that situation, had it been me, it would have been bye-bye Jimmie. Being a teammate and half owner really made it a tough call for Jeff.

He's been the first loser three times now,LOL.

Didn't see where Tony finished or know any details of race other than those last 10 laps. Fill me in on specifics.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Hey Robert,

Not only was all the things you mentioned but they were told to race each other clean, and do not wreck the cars.

LOL, as you know I am not a fan of either, but you are right JJ did take advantage of the situation. If I had been Jeff...yup...bye bye JJ, right up the track! He slammed the door on Jeff this weekend just like he did Tony last weekend. That type of driving is going to get him in the wall relatively quickly.

From what I have gathered JJ's car was real bad in practice, so Jeff's team gave them all there info and set up...hence JJ had a decent car, if I am not mistaken JJ qualified next to the end of the field. To get team help to get you up to the front and then race like that was really not right!

OH NO...I AM STANDING UP FOR JEFF GORDON, I better go take a pill or something! LOL

In Jeff's post race interview he said "Jimmy shut the door real hard, we will see what happens as the races go forward." LOL, clearly he was not happy.

I believe Tony finished 7th. Right where he started from. At least he got a finish this week and he came up in the points standing. Somewhere around 7 or 8 I think.

On the COT's there is some sort of padding (foam) in the doors to help cushion impacts. Last weekend 3 different cars this foam either melted or caught fire. NASCAR determined that the foam was improperly installed.

Well at Martinsville, Kevin Harvicks car actually caught fire. He had some harsh words for NASCAR. Guess the exhaust pipes are causing the foam to catch fire that NASCAR says is fireproof! His car was set up right in regards to the foam and exhaust pipe shields, so NASCAR is considering taking the car and doing something with it.

Then there's Dunner, was in the lead when the rain came. When the cars were back out on the track to dry it off, the blowers were out there also. Guess something was blown in his eye. Hmmm, did he not have the visor down on his helmet? Anyways he says the rain delay and the eye debris caused him to lose the race.

OK, thats about all I know. Need to go and check out NASCAR.COM, man I hate there new site!

No race this coming weekend...Easter week end!

Fill me in on whatever info you come across. I missed alot of race action myself, was on the phone and doing other things...

~Yanita~
Robert

Hi Yanita,

JJ said he didn't believe there was anything Jeff could have done to get by him,LOL.

He said it felt great to ~outduel~ someone he has looked up to since even before he joined Nascar.

Jeff said he's heard about those Monday morning meetings with teamowners and wanted no part of it.

Rick Hendrick had sent words of warning to both drivers that he didn't care who won, so long as it was a 1 and 2 finish.

That didn't leave Jeff with much.

He did say he was mad, but not at Jimmie really. However, he added he races people the way they race him so the remainder of the season should be interesting.

Oh yeah, Chad did call Steve and ask for Jeff's car set up and Steve obliged down to last nut and bolt.

Dooner said stuff was flying around inside the car while they were waiting for track to be dried off and something got up in his eye.

He said it burned and hurt for a long time and effected his driving.

He also said the rain delay hampered his cars performance. He had fastest lap time and led most laps, so may have been the one that got away.

Jeff did tell Jimmie that if it had been anyone else behind him, he wouldn't have been going to victory lane.

He also said had it been anyone else besides Jimmie, that he (Jeff) would have carried that grandfather clock home.

See ya next time.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kashton

OK. I don't have anything to say about Matt this week! Maybe I'll get something done this Sunday. It was a good race though!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Yanita

LOL Kaston,

As I said before...the only things that get done here on Sundays has to get done before the race or during cautions, if not then it doesnt happen!

It was fairly calm race for a short track.

Yanita