no power to gas Valve

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Jer

I have a Coleman Evcon DGAT056BDC that quit working yesterday. the fresh air blower comes on, the ignitor glows, there is a click but no flame.. checked Voltage at Ignition Control Modual box, top wire has 24 volts, Valve wire had 0 volts, i kept a volt meter on the complete cycle of the ignition cycle, first click was the ignitor, second click (im thinking) should have been the gas Valve, and still no voltage.... the heater has been working fine till yesterday morning.. its 20 degrees here now brrrrr... can you help me figure this out.. there is no lights on (red-green-yellow)..

Thank you
Jer
Last edited by Jer on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site. I am going to move your post to the HVAC forums. Heating,Venting and AC...please read the posting tips for those forums, Our tech Robert is going to also need what brand unit you have. Please include all info when posting, you can edit your post.

Thanks,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi Jer,

T-stat calls for heat, booster motor starts, centrifugal switch closes.

24vac at TH (first one) and GND.

15 sec. purge, then ignitor (IGN and IGN = 120vac) is energized for 35 secs.

Then 24vac at VALVE and GND for 6 secs.

Burner should ignite.

Moving this to Coleman Forum, please follow there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Jer

Hi Robert....
i pulled the (IGN and IGN) wires back to check for voltage (make sure its 120vac).. turned the switch on to the on position, waited, checked the voltage and it was 118vac... the furnace is working now... im thinking that the Ignition Control has a bad solder joint or malfunction of unit... kids just now told me that the furnace had quit a couple weeks ago and they kicked it, it started working (i dont recall teaching them to kick something that dont work).... anyway thank you for giving me advice on repair of my Furnace..

Thanks
Jer
Robert

Hi Jer,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Maybe they watched too much Happy Days with Fonzie kicking the juke box, LOL.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?