Nordyne Intertherm MGHA-066AAFC-01

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Claudia

When I first moved in, the furnace would cycle on and off too often when it was cold. Then about 3 years ago I called the local repair co. to fix the pilot that wouldn't stay lit. I mentioned the cycling issue and he said I needed a part replaced. He fixed the pilot problem but I didn't do anything about the other issue.

One night last week it started doing just a 5 second on-off,on-off cycle so I shut it off completely and called the repair co. the next day. I looked around on this forum and it looks like a common problem. The service call was $95, that didn't seem too bad to me. He said I needed a fan switch and it wouldn't cost a whole lot. Yesterday Mrs. Lee called and said they were having a problem finding the switch. I told her about this website and I would look for the switch also, so she gave me the part #.

I'm ordering it from here today and having the repair guy come put it in next week. I called her a few minutes ago, she was surprised I could find the part easier than her supplier.

Have a great Holiday everybody.
ckj914

Thanks Claudia. I will see if I can find the fan switch to see if there is a number on it so I can order it from here. It's pretty cold at night and my little electric heaters arent cutting it. Thank you for the information I will let you know. Take care and you also have a wonderful holiday.
Kristy
Robert

Hi Kristy,

Yours is same as Claudia, Fan Switch # 626337 and can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side of page at link I gave in your thread.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Claudia

Well I got the fan switch and since then haven't been able to afford to have the guy come out and install it.

Do you think I could do it myself? I searched through google, ask and diynetwork looking for instructions about how to do it. Google and ask direct me to THIS site! Diy only has maintenance information.

Do you know where I can get instructions or would you recommend not doing it ourselves?

Thanks a lot, Claudia
Robert

Hi Claudia,

Yes, it is DIY. Just remove the wires, remove two screws, replace switch, screws and wires.

Usually no more than 2 to 3 wires.

If more than two, mark where they go first. if only two, doesn't matter which terminal.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?