Am I paying too much for insurance?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Rosemary

I have a 960 sq. ft, 2 bd, 2 bth, year 2000 single wide mobile home with a detached garage on nearly 0.5 acre. I have a policy with an A+ rated agency. I pay a bit over $1000.00 per year for insurance. I live on the border of Houston, Tx. Am I paying too much? I shopped around and others were even more than this, around 1300.00-1400.00 per year. Thanks, Rosemary
Greg

The best bet is to do your homework and get quotes. You will also want to check with your auto insurance carrier, you may be able to get multi policy discounts.
Prices vary across the country, I pay less than $400 a year here, but I'm also in a park. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

$1000.00 per year for insurance ain't bad around coastal Florida.

Most of us can't get affordable home owners insurance.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

I pay a little better than that yearly, I live in NC. About an hour from the ocean, hurricane country.

Anyways I don't think your over priced compared to others but, it really depends how much coverage you have for the money.

For myself I can not combine my home to my car insurance as they do not have the underwriter I want. I use Foremost insurance.

Good luck,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Claudia

Considering the tornadoes that went through here recently having insurance is a really good idea! I only paid $3000 for the MH, then additional monies for the shed, used furnace and refrigerator. I could probably get a very affordable policy.