coleman 7665-856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

brianz420

i had a problem with the blower running for about 30 seconds then shutting down for a minute or two and then coming back on for 30 secons. i bought a new fan switch and installed it. after installation the blower would not come on. i turned power switch off and put the old one back in, then turned power back on. now the burner wont ignite (pilot light is on). there is a humming noise coming from the transformer. is the transformer bad? what else would cause the fan from coming on?
Robert

The transformer may be bad, would have to check voltages to know.

Also check burner and orifice for blockages.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
brianz420

before the burner wouldnt light it would make a click noise coming from the area of the valve a split second before the burner would light thats why i was thinking that the transformer is bad. i wish i had a way to test the voltage but i dont.
Robert

Most supply stores for electric parts, hvac, etc. will have a set up to check transformers for you.

Or, a decent meter can be found for $20 in big box stores, etc.. .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?