waiting for siding

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

troyster

posted new pics to my personal photo projects - paid for siding 2 days ago to be delivered and sales guy showed up at my door to say that they didn't have it in stock and that I would be waiting 2 weeks. could have got money back but they are cheapest in town for siding because they are wholesalers that sell to the public as well as contractors, so I can wait. but in meantime posting pics as I go along. later.
kashton

I like your pile of rot. I'm waiting for my girls mp3 player to charge, then I'll plug in the camera. We'll see if I can one-up on your pile with what I had above the window. It wasn't a pretty site. I might start on my front porch on Sunday, if our wonderful weather co-operates. I should be getting my siding next week maybe. Got to get things done. Back to work August1.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
JD
Site Admin

Hey troyster,

Really great pics! Please keep taking pictures frequently, so we can have a good step by step album of siding installation. It would be very helpful to anyone installing siding. It would be great if you could get some close-ups of the process of flashing under the windows and how you end the siding.

Bummer about the delay. I hope the rain doesn't get to your membrane tape.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
troyster

Thanks JD, will keep posting pics frequently and when done will fill in descriptions. wish I would have taken pic of rotten wood while it was in walls but sure I will get opportunity with 2 corners left. membrane has gone through 3 typical coastal weather days-strong wind and rain but is on tight because I warmed it up with heat gun when installing and it is on solid. plus will be putting flashing on eaves soon.later dudes & dudettes
Handweaving

Hey Troyster,
Great pictures, thanks, cause I never knew what was under there. Lots of good information even in just looking. Looking forward to more.
troyster

Glad to hear it helps. I wasn't going to rip metal siding off trailer but in the end was glad I did. Didn't realize it was that bad. but not suprised as we get that coastal weather year round. The reason to take off siding was because home was extremely drafty in winter and hotter inside than outside in the summer. I could feel strong drafts coming in through the electrical outlets & switches and under the wall panels. And the scary thing is that the missing plywood down the center of my home was courtesy of the factory workers who assembled it. nice guys.
Last edited by troyster on Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanita

LOL Troyster,

This is why we tell everyone to expect the unexpected when you start home improvements!

Things are looking good your way! Thankfully ours came with good siding. Thats one job we get out of!

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!