Furnaces

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

nebben

I have a question about Furnaces.
I have an old 1961 gardener with 2 additions, I have turned one of the SMALL bedrooms with in the moblie home into a utility room (water/power/tv cabinet) which is right next to the furnace .
The old Furnace is well was original to the home ( :shock: believe me I'm amazed to) and last year the heating bill was just WAY to much around 300$ a month :shock: so time for a new one huh???
So what I want to know is can I put a stranded furnace from a home into a mobile home. The cost factor is A LOT less then going with a Nordyne at almost 800$ and I'm hoping I can.
Thanks to all that reply.
Ben S
nebben

Oh I forgot to say what the current furnace is H60xW18xD24
In 80,000 - Out 60,000
Serving 900 sq ft and 7 registers
Robert

Hi Ben,

No sir, you cannot install a regular home furnace into a MH. MH ducts are small and require certain blower motors that regular home furnaces do not have.

MH's also require sealed combustion which again is not required for regular home furnaces.

To do it, you would have to change the venting/roof-jack, replace all ductwork and possibly modify location for the dimensions of new furnace.

Also, due to it not being rated for MH and due to modifications, home and furnace warranties and/or insurance would probably be voided.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
nebben

OK I see, I'm planing to redo the duct system anyway by putting the piping under the MH.
Voiding the warranties... I think thats A bad idea LOL
BTW what BTU rating (in and out) should I get for a 900 sq ft and 7 registers? I was told a 77,000 in - 62,000 out, will work, although I called someone who deals in MH furnaces and they told me a 70-56 would be better and wouldn't cause any problems.
The thing I dont get is the old one is 80-60!!!

Thanks, Ben
Robert

Hi Ben,

You would need an ACCA Manual J Load Calculation done to know what size furnace is needed.

If you run ductwork under the belly/home, be sure to account for the water pipes inside belly.

Heat transfer from ducts keeps them from freezing.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?