How did you find this great site

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

How did you find Mobilehome.com

A search engine
67%
By pure luck
20%
A friend, web article
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 15
Manitoba Bill

Now that Yanita has posted her question I thought it was time with almost 200 members, er should I say somewhere between 190 and 200 to ask how you came to Mobilehomerepair.

If I miss an obvious option maybe I can add it.

If you have a funny story or whatever that can't be answered by
a simple click feel free to add a posting.

Greg, I was searching on Google for "mobile+repair" back in 2004.
Last edited by Manitoba Bill on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Greg

Bill, You didn't take your own poll!!!
BTW, I found it in a newspaper artical. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I don't think you can vote on your own poll. The fishing poll I came up with only gives me the results and not the clickable radio boxes.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Maureen

Wow Bill, you expect me to remember that far back LOL!

Actually, I believe it was back in 1998, or was it '99. We moved in here on a lease with an option to buy. I was checking things out online to make sure that we weren't get burned when buying the home.

Way back then, the only search brought you to mobilehomerepair.com, when looking for mobilehome advice!

I lurked for about a year, until we decided to buy the home... then I jumped in with 1,000 questions!

Still here after all these years......

Maureen 8)
Linda

We were buying a used home and I was looking for answers about some problems that the house had. When I searched mobile homes this site came up and when I read for one full day I was hooked. Tom was there just waiting to answer your question or just talk for a while. That was back in 2000. I still come to this site daily to catch up on all the repair work everybody is doing. I don't post anymore but I read everything. We have had alot of people come and go but there is more coming every day. Have a great day.

Linda
Greg

Well, I was trying to figure out when it was that I found this place. As near as I can figure out it must have been around 1999. I tried searching the newspaper's archives for the artical and came up empty. I think it was at least 4 forum styles ago (that narrows it right down) and it seems like it was about a year before Tom died. Ok Maureen & Yanita I'm not sure if Robert was around since there was only one L O N G thread. Help me out here it's tough getting old!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

LOL,

Four forum styles ago, well I am only on 3.

I found the site strictly by accident. Was surfing around about Oakwood MH...and WALA, saw this site link.

Did the typical lurking for quite sometime.

Can not remember the reason exactly but I had a question about the underbelly material...it was Robert that helped me on this one. Tom and Maureen were very friendly and before long I found myself signing in every morning with my coffee, LOL, just to say good morning! Annnd, as you can see I never left! :D

To answer your question Greg about Robert, not sure his exact time here but I have been here 3 years, maybe 4 and Robert has always been here. I an few more days you will have been here one year with moderator status! :lol:

Hey Manitoba Bill...Good poll and like seeing the comments! This new forum rocks! 8)

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi All,

Tom passed away May 3, 2005 . Best I remember Greg, you came on around 2002/2003.

Yanita came aboard in 2004.

Maureen, Phystad and myself all showed up within a year or so around 2000.

I lurked for awhile going back to 1999 (had googled looking for info on my roof style).. I actually came aboard when Tom and Mark got asked a repair question on a furnace.

Thought it was good time to break the ice.

LOL, my first question for ideas to roll around with mine was about roof rumble.

Mark told me to buy and use rumble buttons (mentioned in book).

I went out and bought about 50 or so. I got to looking at them and told my wife I didn't think this was a good idea, too much of risk for leaks due to all the holes.

Came to pc to discuss with Mark and he had wrote me telling me to disregard the rumble buttons.

He had just started the printing working on the Manual and we began retracting that info.

I went searching and MH Repair companies across the nation had stopped using them, all due to leaks and call backs.

I still have that cup of 50+ rumble buttons next to my desk,LOL.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Harry

Hi

When I suggested we move to our fishing shack (a MH) the wife cryed a lot...cause it was in sad shape. She then countered with a long do-list.

I am handy but still I wanted lots of input and this site is good for that. Eventhough many repairs are area specific I consider all info to be good info.

As I recall I first learned about this site by Googleing.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
gram2logan

In October 2005, we bought a very old double wide that needed major renovations. The lady who had been living in it was elderly and had Alzheimer's so she went to a nursing home and the family put her home up for sale.

We had actually been interested in a newer home across the street from this one, but it was sold before we could make up our minds. So we took the plunge and purchased this oldie because we had "visions" of what it "could" look like! :lol:

I did a search on the internet for mobile home repair and found this site. I joined right away and began asking questions! 9 months and a lot of work later, we moved in. It still has some of the charm of the old place - like the original hardwood floors, but now it has a modern kitchen and bath.

The outside is still original and we plan on re-doing that this summer. More questions to come, I'm sure.
Stop talking before people stop listening!
Jaie

I want to say I found the site by Google, but I hesitate cause I think it was sheer dumb luck and happened into my typing "trailer repair" or something into my address bar and this site came up. And trust me, I've thanked it every time some thing ELSE has gone wrong here. Or right really. I can't wait to get using this new forum, it's so snazzy!
Manitoba Bill

JD wrote:I don't think you can vote on your own poll. The fishing poll I came up with only gives me the results and not the clickable radio boxes.

JD
I stand to be corrected, but after Greg reminded me, I voted and that is when the radio boxes disappeared. That may mean only one vote per member.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
JD
Site Admin

Yeah you are probably right Bill. I probably voted and forgot that I did. I just wanted to see how the poll worked. This one is great!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Maureen

Wow Robert! Tell me how you can remember all of that! You're correct... right on the money! My poor old memory needs a boost these days!

I remember the post post about the roof rumble... and Mark's response!

Ahhhh the old days.. when there were only 10 people posting. But even when I was lurking, I couldn't pull myself away! I do know that Tom is watching over us, and he has a huge smile on his face!

For those of you new to the board, Tom was the original moderator, as well as Mark. Yes, he did pass away 2 years ago next month. He was a treasure to this board! All of us mods do our best, when we can, but Tom was totally devoted to this board. We've all tried to our best, but none of us can compare to Tom.

Yep Linda, you were posting before I was! I know that most of those old timers are still out there reading the board every now and then!

Feel free to chime in!

Maureen 8)
Robert

LOL, my long term memory has remained so far, it's my short term memory that I can't remember.

Like at supper, trying to remember what I had for lunch,LOL.

Plus, I have lots of notes and records to give me a nudge when needed, but that post was all still up there for the time being.

Take ca...........................?????????????????

Oh yeah.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?