Grandkids

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

Hi

Sylvia,
Our second grandson is also due in about a month. Pretty exciting stuff.

Harry,
We put Scotty on the plane last night to go home. 3 days and I couldn't wait to get back to work so I could slow down a little! We also went to an amusement park called, Gilroy Gardens (aka Belfonte Gardens). Great place. All rides are designed for small children, from about 10yrs old and under. So it is very slow paced and relaxing. 90% of the garlic in the US comes from Gilroy, CA, so agriculture and in particular garlic is the theme. The entire park is full of water features and unique shade trees. Very nice for us older folks. The founder of the park was really into grafting and manipulating trees as you can see in the picture below.

On the way back, we tried some garlic ice cream. Yes, garlic ice cream tastes like ice cream with garlic in it. The garbage cans are large.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Yo

Just returned from dropping off 2 of the grandkids in south Florida.

We took them to Seaworld, Aquatica and Universal. All the parks were packed full. The economy seems solid.

On the Florida Turnpike I saw no one conserving fuel. Everyone was driving just as fast as ever. Gas running $4.04 to $4.19. Diesel about $4.80.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Sylvia

I'll be a grandma by next Monday. The doctor is going to induce her if his lungs are ready. I'll keep you posted on the baby with no name.
JD
Site Admin

I bet you are all excited waiting on that grandchild. We gave up on waiting for ours. Nathaniel Thomas was born today 7/15 at 5:19pm! Got the call from big Thomas from the room. Nate was saying HI. He does not need a phone. Dang, that boy is loud for a newborn!

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Congrats JD!

Another Grandson huh...better get ready to buy another fishing pole.

Sylvia, it's got to be nerve wracking to know the day and time...think that would drive me crazy. Make sure to let us know when it all happens.

As you all know I am the proud Grandma to 3 girls...well in Sept we will be making a quick trip to Florida to meet our first GRANDSON!

Make sure to post some pics folks.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

Well here he is! Nate. I think a nice Loomis rod and mag Stradic reel should work for him. I will keep them warmed up until he needs them. :)

Has anyone heard from Sylvia?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Yanita

OMG,

Congrats to the new Mom and Dad and of course to you and Carla...it's soo cool being a grandparent! He is a cutie!

We can't wait till we get to meet our new and only Grandson. Spoke with our daughter and she is doing well, and so isn't little Eli. He is due the end of August beginning of Sept.

LOL, Our Granddaughter Kayla (age 6) and I were talking about the soon to be baby boy...she rolled her big blue eyes, slammed her folded arms across her chest and said "Yup, now I will never get to see you, you will always being going to Lorida!" That's not a typo she calls Florida, Lorida. Little does she realize that it is 8 plus hours from our house to Florida!

To answer your question JD, no, I have not heard from Sylvia. Hopefully everything is fine with the new baby and parents. Probably just caught up in the excitement of all of it.

Thanks for the pic of Nate!

Yanita
Barb P

JD, Nate is adorable. :)

I normally don't jump into these 'personal' conversations, since you'll seem to know one another well.
I sit here and just smile, hearing the pride in your voices.
I certainly understand, as I have 2 granddaughters, ages 4 and 8 mo.
Yanita, it must be hard for them to be so far away. Mine are only 65 miles away, and I don't see them as often as I'd like to.
BarbP
Yanita

Hi Barb,

Please feel free to join any conversation. If it is posted here on site then it is for all to join in and share. We pride ourselves as being family oriented. Feel free to get a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and start visiting with us.

LOL, we all start as strangers or "newbies...we become friends as we continue to visit with one another on site! I have made several cyber friends here on site.

My 3 granddaughters are a little over an hour from me, so that is not bad...but the soon to be grandson will be hours, even states away! LOL, guess we will be setting up the web cam after all!

Have a great day!

Yanita
Barb P

Yanita, thank you for the warm response. Actually, I've been coming to MHR board for many years. I was at the old board also. I just don't talk much. :)
I haven't been coming to the 'Off Topics' for very long. Long enough tho to look forward to Audie's posts, as my laugh for the day...
BarbP
Yanita

Hey Barb,

We try to keep all the chit chat down here and let the other forums serve there purpose, well the decorating forum gets chatty as well but that is ok also.

Yanita
JD
Site Admin

Hi Barb,

Yes, Audie's posts are great, aren't they. He should have a column in the newspaper.

Right now, Scotty (4) is 400 miles away and Tate (0) is 700 miles away. Hate that part. Haven't known Tate very long, ha ha, but Scotty is a real kick. I'm sure Tate will come out of his shell soon.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Sylvia

Noah arrived on Tuesday morning a little after 1 am. He was the largest "premature" baby the staff had ever seen. The ridiculous doctor couldn't quite bring herself to admit she was wrong. He was 7.9oz and 20" long. He's beautiful! Everyone is doing fine. His other gramma left back for Georgia yesterday morning.

http://www.myspace.com/noahhersch
JD
Site Admin

Noah is a handsome young lad. Congrandmalations! 7.9 preemie? Hmmm.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Barb P

Aww, what a cutie, Noah is. :D
That's a really pretty MySpace page.
BarbP