Washer and Dryer

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Katie

There is an alcove off my kitchen were there are washer/dryer hookups.... the floor was rotted through and the washer was sliding into the abyss..... after we had the floor replaced, I thought about moving the w&d outside to the little shed, (we are in central Florida, it never freezes) but hubby wants it in the house... my question, is there a lot of vibration and heat/noise from these appliances in the house...? ever since I moved to Fla, my w&d has been installed in the garage... I would appreciate your opinions.
It's only money, Right?
Harry

Hi

I'm over here in Citrus county.

Ours is inside. My bride likes it inside. It does have a little vibration. It is the biggest Sears sells.

If she wants it outside ... I'll move it.

WHEN MOMMA'S HAPPY ....EVERYONE IS HAPPY!

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi,

Well Harry, I like the way you think...ummm, maybe you need to have a chat with my Hubby. LOL, we are at a stand still with the planning process of the kitchen! Hmmm, he does not cook, does do dishes but.....the sink is not going to be relocated!

Anyways, the washer dryer vibration. When the floor was replaced did they put in plywood, and more importantly were the floor joist in good repair?

Is the washer dryer level. Each appliance typically have adjustable legs to obtain this. What kind of appliances do you have, the standard sets, over sized like Harry mentioned or the front loaders?

Once everything mentioned above is answered or done, then I guess you could try the washer dryer pads that Mark sells in the parts link above.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Katie

I am thinking ahead.... when we get the place finished, we will put in the standard types of washer/dryer.....
yes, plywood was put down, and anywhere the joists were iffy, they "shored" them up somehow....the handyguy specializes in mobile homes. I will check into the pads. If it helps it would be worth it. Yesterday we had a surprise, the handyguy was using his airgun to nail new baseboard in the bathroom, punctured the washer line in the wall and we had a fountain in the little alcove and underneath too. Then he said "see why we put down plywood?" well, I certainly am convinced, as every floor in this house that had a source of water near it has, or will be replaced...the next spot is the kitchen when the ice maker at one time leaked.... we'll see what it looks like under the sink when we take out those cabs.
My hubby's favorite quote is "a happy wife is a happy life" I think he just likes saying it.... sigh.. anyway we are in Orange Co.
Thanks for your good advice.
until next time, Katie
It's only money, Right?