Im new, hello

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Hello,

I am new to this forum, however I have been lurking for quite a while. I just finished filling out my profile.

It is nice to have a place where mobile home owners can talk and help with others homes. We bought our modular home last June and have done many improvements since. One thing we are not happy with thugh is the sub floor, OSB Yuck!

we have managed to mud and tape all the seams in the hallway, main bathroom, kitchen 2nd bedroom and living room. I have also tiled the kitchen back splash and main bathroom back splash. I have posted some pictures in the album of our renovations. I have jsut started to peel off the vinyl wallpaper in the master bedroom, when hubby gets home he will screw the panels to the studs to make them more sturdy and I will get to mudding and taping.

we have a 1 year old daughter and her room is the 2 nd bedroom, however we would like to add to our family so we have taken the master ensuite door out and moved it into the hallway to make it into a 3rd bedroom. We cannot start that until the spring because of the belly wrap and removal of the plumbing. My husband is a carpenter/siding contractor and is wanting to put pony walls up around the house and insulate it so we can take the belly wrap down and have better access to the pipes, plumbing etc.

we are also thinking of doing an addition, hubby is still contemplating a basement, but is unsure. If we do the addition then we would have a ensuite with walk in closets, dressing area, soaker tub and shower on the opposite sie of where ther was one before. Also we would have room for an office/ craft room. Making our sqaure footage to just under 1400 instead of 1082, which it is now. Our decision wll come from when we talk to the village development officer who will tell us which one we can do. if we can do both I think dh will put the basement on first then do the addition afterwards.

we also are planning to reside the house, and move a couple of windows and put in garden doors off the kitchen with a wrap around deck.

Thanks for reading my ramblings, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know we are right there with you all in the renovations. Our furnace had a prob yeasterday as well and we had to have a new ignitor put in.

Stefanie (crazy drywalling mad mama)
JD
Site Admin

Hi Stefanie,

Nice to meet you. You found a nice place full of good people. I have enjoyed the posts you have made and looking forward to the saga of "basement or not".

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.

lol,

Thanks for the welcome.
Maureen

Welcome to the family Stefanie!

Take it one step at a time,and we'll do our best to help you out!

Maureen 8)
Sylvia

Be prepared for years and years of work if you do a basement, and plan to grow a money tree :~) We love our extra space but we aren't really using it that much. Probably when we get the master bedroom done it will be a different story.

Good luck. BTW the reason we went with the basement instead of an addition is that our bank wouldn't finance an addition. To them it was still a manufactured home with an addition. The basement made it "real". Which is why I call it the Pinnochio project. 8)