Grandkids

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Ok

Here's my youngest grand daughter. Ain't she cute?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hi Harry,

She sure is a cutie. I have 3 granddaughters and are expecting our first grandson in September. Will be making a dash to Florida around then to meet him! How many grandkids you got?

We had our 2 youngest ages 4 and 6 from last Thursday afternoon till mid day Sunday. Whew, I didn't consider 48 really old, but can say for certain that they wore me out!

How's recovery coming along?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
mokehillannie

She really is a cutie!! How old is she?

My youngest grandchild will be 29 this year, but I have two great grands that will be 7, one 3 and one that just turned one year old this month. Only one of the bunch is a girl. She moved over 1,000 miles away last week. It will sure be hard to keep the close bonds, but we will try. My daughter is very upset, but knows the move is probably good for them.
Harry

Yo

She is 2 years old.

We say we have 9 grand kids. I have 4 of my own and 5 from previous marriage situations….and more on the way.

My health issues are coming along. The biggest issue is trying to come up with a workable diet.

The PCP says low carb. No pasta, bread or sugar.
The kidney Dr says low protein and low potassium because of my hyperkalemia.
The cardio Dr says low vitamin K (no green leafy foods) due to Coumadin therapy and also low fat and low sodium.

I made some diet bran cookies a couple of days ago that taste like cardboard.

Any suggestions?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

UUUUmmmmmm,

Harry, I am generally pretty good with health related diets, raised one son with major congenital heart defects and the other was borderline diabetic....

Seems like you have ruled out all the major food groups! Let me give this some thought.

Yanita
Harry

10-4

Also no stimulants. No caffeine, chocolate, tea or cocoa.

Harry
mokehillannie

Whew! Harry, that sure limits what you can eat. We will all have to put our collective heads together and see what we can come up with.
Harry

Yo

And here's the youngest grandson.

Harry
Yanita

Wow, he is a handsome little man!

Yanita
JD
Site Admin

Beautiful grandchildren Harry. I bet you are as proud as you can be with them. Our little Scotty is coming in for a rare visit this weekend and we are jazzed about it. It's funny that we would do the major house cleaning deal for a 3-1/2 year old. Here is an old picture of him.

No carbs, low protien, no leafy greens.... that leaves Bud Light!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Sylvia

My grandbaby

coming soon to a crib near me the beginning of August
Yanita

Hey Sylvia,

Cool pic, clear as can be, do you know if it is going to be a girl or boy?

Yanita
Sylvia

Although they would only say the baby "appears" to be a boy. It was obvious from other images that he comes with all the right parts.

He is nameless though. So if anyone knows any good short names.... mom and dad could use them.

So far he could be Elliott or Ethan or maybe Jackson (although our dog is named Jack. That could be a bit confusing)
mokehillannie

JD

The look on that face is priceless!!

Too cute.
Harry

Yo

Silvia - neat photo.

JD - Friday we got 2 of the grandkids for 1 week. Seems like we cleaned the house for 2 weeks. Taking them to Orlando Universal, Sea World and Aquatica in the am. We may melt in this 90+ degree heat.

Harry