well.. once again may be starting over...

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

curlylocks

just as i completed wallpapering the last room in my s/w mobile home i bought in december 07... the landlord (private lot) decided to sell the property...went and looked at an older double wide on a permanent foundation with land to buy.... but its gonna be a long project structurally great shape all new windows, carpet etc...

i will be in mouring for my cathedral ceilings ... large rooms and gigantic bathtub....sigh

heres the major projects i see some handy guy/gal made the kitchen cabinets from plywood.. they must not have used a ruler or coulnt control the saw :D cuz they are RUFF... looking for suggestions to cover the faces..

next project all bedrooms have that ugly trailery paneling....

next project really ugly fireplace thought i saw in here where someone faux finnished one?

not a done deal... just getting some ideas together....

gonna have to work on a shoestring budget... house payment will strap me... anyone in a radius of maryland interested in a beautiful fleetwood sandpointe?
curlylocks

heres the one i may be getting

Yanita

Hey Curlylocks...

I see alot of potential in that doublewide...once you get, or if you do let us know and we can certainly come up with some real pretty ideas.

The cabinets doors are replaceable and if the main cabinet does not fit flush to walls and ceiling you can cover that area with pretty trim work.

IMO, that is a great home, or least what is visible, new windows are a great plus, they get really pricey, I know we just replaced 13 with double hung, double pane.

I would like to remind you to go to the stickies area in the repair forum and click on the article Purchasing a used home. Print it off and take it with you to get a decent idea of the homes structure and potential repairs.This article is not to replace an inspection by a licensed inspector, just as a guide!

New carpet and paint can and sometimes does cover a multitude of sin.

Let us know how it goes for you!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

I agree with Yanita, It looks nice!! but use the list, it is very easy to get caught up and miss things. Good luck, Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hey Curlylocks...

I forgot to mention and meant to add to be sure to check that entry way real well. When we were getting ready to buy we found a few homes like this, although I like that type entry I also found that all of them needed repairs in that area. The flooring there goes under your walls as well, or least the ones I have checked did.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Trudi

Hi Curlylocks, I agree on the potential the DW has. I played around and came up with this. Thought you might get a kick out of it. Keep in mind that I can't figure out how to replicate glazing and such in Paint.
curlylocks

wow thats pretty cool... yeah yanita.. being an old hand at mobile home living i did the old jump and bounce technique on all the floors.. lol and checked all the ceilings esp. the closet celings for any trace of leaks...

just waiting on the lender and the agent now...
curlylocks

just an update... finally found a lender and got approved for 100k loan price of the house started at 169,000 dropped to 149 and now 134..

i need to have 3% for the down payment and i have 2/3 of that saved.. now just playing the waiting game for the price to drop.. before my agent offers them 100k in maryland a house for 100k is rock bottom...

still gotta figure out a way to take my bathtub from my present home with me if i get it.. lol i guess i could replace the tub before i sell it ...
curlylocks

p.s. does any one have a dw likethis model?