water splashing off deck

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lefties

So Harry,
I have the same issue as you had,,how far out did you have to move the deck to keep water from splashing on house?? It has ruined the bottom of 2 inside walls not to mention what I cant see.
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
Harry

Hi

About 12".

At the door ways only 3" but I also installed sill pans I made out of sheet metal.

I also installed 6" seamless gutters which helped more than anything.

The wall is dry now.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
lefties

Harry,
I have the seamless gutters but I think they are about 4 inches. They were also installed prior to this problem I believe,,and I see they leak. It looks like they applied a sealer where it meets house and it didnt hold. They were supposed to be lifetime guaranteed,,but I think the company closed up shop. Looks like there is only a few inches between my deck and house at best. I really dont see where the water is gaining access by splashing,,but it is.
1997 commodore repo-1450 sq ft.
Harry

Hi

Splash was my problem.

My siding was Louisiana hardboard/composite that had problems. It was never suppose to stand up to splash.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?