Replacing Intertherm compressor

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ddeblance

I live in a 16 x 80 that is going on 13 years old. I'm looking to replace the Intertherm compressor with a new unit since my dogs have destroyed the cooling fins on about half the unit. I tried to straighten the fins with a fin comb, but a tech that serviced it the beginning of last summer said that it wouldn't do any good. So I'm looking at a replacement, but I have no idea where to go for this. I've heard that the outside and inside units need to be compatible so I don't want to get some fly by night HVAC guy installing the wrong unit.

Some one drop me a line of advice.

Thanks
-D
Robert

If inside a-coil is original and same age, need to change both if changing either one.

Most likely 10 seer and 13 seer is lowest seer made now, so they would not match without changing both.

Find a licensed and reputable hvac contractor and let preferrably 2-3 give estimates on units and labor.

If the home is same as original with no addons or upgrades, get same size, just upgraded seer.

If home has been changed, need a ACCA Manual J Load calculation for proper size units first.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ddeblance

Thanks Robert, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

-D
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?