How to add music to your profile.......

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

gram2logan

I figured it out! Visit my profile to hear Kelly Clarkson. Not my first choice but it will do for now!

Go to http://www.getsongcodes.com/ and it tells you what to do. Basically, you choose the song you want and copy the code for it. Then you go to your profile space and paste the code in the box for music. Then "submit" the changes.

Have fun and let us know when you add music so we can check it out.

Barb
Mark
Site Admin

OK, I'm impressed. The song even auto-plays when you enter your profile. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check out that link.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Sylvia

I did that and it didn't work :~(
JD
Site Admin

Thanks for the link Barb. I had tried several things and couldn't get more than a Quicktime button. I went to that web site but couldn't find a song for me, I'm too old. But I thought Fergie is hot, so clicked on that. Then I saw it was just html code using a table and a different player than I had tried. I switched the song to one I had in one of my ftp spaces and also switched the link at the bottom to direct to my web page. Also centered it.

http://members.aol.com/mhrepairs/songcode.html

If anyone wants this code, go to the link above, then right click the page that comes up, click _View source code_

Copy that code and paste it into your _ Profile Music Code (your own player)_ in _ Edit MPS Profile_ on your _My Profile Space_ page. Then change the song file and bottom link to one of your choosing. You will be changing

members.aol.com/mhrepairs/Len.wav and the bottom link to members.aol.com/mobilehomes

Thanks again Barb! Check my profile to hear Lenny, the latest song I have been trying to tackle on guitar.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
bilbar25

JD:

I'm still not having any luck with music either, but I think I may know why now.....just out of curiosity...what version of Mediaplayer are you using?

Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
JD
Site Admin

Hi Bill,

The one that works for me is _embed type='application/x-mplayer2

I had tried just using the url to the song in the single line box that says _Profile Music:

wav mp3 would not work for me.

Then through Barb's post, I used the full html as mentioned in my last post. The code was put in the box,

_Profile Music Code:
If you have your own code for your own player put it here.

That worked with Firefox and MSIE. I guess I was hung up on not knowing BBCode, which I don't. But HTML W3C I understand well.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Mark
Site Admin

Hey JD, that's pretty cool you got the music to work. Maybe when the house is quiet tonight, I'll have time to work on my music player.

Mark
JD
Site Admin

Below is the code I used to put the music on my profile space. You need to input the right file links that you see in RED
I thought you would have to right, click and save and all that because of the html. But apparently this post area only reads the BBCode. So there it is. Copy, Paste, Edit.

<table width=298 height=44 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
<tr valign=top>
<td>

<embed type='application/x-mplayer2' autosize='true' autostart='true' src='http://YOURFILESPACE.com/YOURSONG.wav' width='298' height='44' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0' loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' DisplaySize='1' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downlo ... <center><a href="http://ANYLINKYOUWANT.com/">NAMEFORYOURLINK</a></center></td></tr></table>

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

JD
Site Admin

Also, if you do not want it to start automatically change autostart 'true' to 'false' Same thing for loop if you don't want the music repeated
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Mark
Site Admin

Thanks for the code. Tired tonight so will mess with it later. Just not enough 'play' hours in a day.

Mark