Strong smell of fumes

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Civic2003

I have a 3 year old Nordyne furnace. Every time the burner shuts down (no flame)there is a smell of fumes from the registers until the blower shuts off. There is no smell of fumes while the flame is lit. My oil man did a pressure test (I believe) and said he doesn't think there is a crack in the heat exchanger. I'm getting ready to have another guy come out to check it out. Has anyone else had this problem and could it be something other than a crack in the heat exchanger? Thanks,
Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

Because of the potential dangers of this situation, do not feel speculating is a good thing at this time. Having another Tech thoroughly inspect system to locate problem is a very wise decision.

Not "thinking" it is a cracked heat exchanger is not acceptable response from the oil man.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?