Replacing a window pane

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

deane1935

How do you get the bottom sliding window out of the track? I need to replace the glass but see no way to get it out of the track. It is an aluminum in a 1986 doublewide.
JD
Site Admin

Hi deane and welcome to the forum,

The first thing you might try is to try to remove the door while it is halfway open. Some doors are designed to come out only this way. If the door still won't come out, you can try adjusting the adjustment wheels at the bottom of the sliding door all the way in. This may give you the clearance you need. If not, then my step 3 is to remove the stationary half of the door and get the slider out that way. There will be just screws holding the stationary half in. You may need to use a prybar to kind of lift the stationary door to break the seal of old muck that may be between the stationary half and the frame.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
deane1935

Not sliding door, it is a window.
Manitoba Bill

My al. windows come out by pushing sideways against the spring inside the channel. Slide the window into the middle and with both hands try gripping the top and btm. edge on one end and push hard sideways. Hold the window and ease the "push" side towards you. They go in the same way.

Use gloves if you find the edges sharp.

Also mark them so you know where they go back in. It is easy to get them mixed. I know. LOL
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]