Mirrors in bathroom

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Charley711

Hi, I have a 97 Tital Birchwood doublewide. I have 2 large mirrors in my master bath. I suspect there was once a 3rd by the large yellowish glue like stain on a wall.

I am getting ready to paint and I don't know if I can remove the mirrors or not. The frames of the mirrors are the same chair rail trim and it is nailed to the walls!

HELP! One of the mirrors has slipped an inch down from the nailed on frame.

HELP! Do I just paint around the frames!?!?!

HELP HELP HELP!!!
Focus on Something Postive!
Greg

Mirriors are USUALLY glued or put on with double sided tape. You may be able to remove it with either a long putty knife worked in from the edge or some here have worke a wire under it and worked it free that way. Be sure to wear gloves in case the mirror breaks.
there is also an other post here about getting mirrors off of the wall. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
garrett_reukauf

If the mirror has slipped down, as you say, I would assume they are neither glued or taped on. Try removing either the left or right side of the "frame" from the wall. See if you that will allow you to slide the mirror out.
Unless you are going to replace the mirrors with something different or move them, I would just tape around the frames and paint the wall. No sense making more work for yourself than is needed.