Music in profiles

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Mark
Site Admin

Edit MPS Profile has a box for music and video. If you get it to work, you'll be the first. Then you can school us! :lol:
You can't fail if you don't try!
Sylvia

ok, this probably should be in a new thread but I just copied and pasted an url from my uploaded wav files into the first line and I think I have music. Doesn't mean everyone would see it/hear it suppose if it's cached. I was trying for Marilyn Monroe but since she wasn't cooperating I have some bagpipe music :~)
Mark
Site Admin

An active X box popped up when I tried your profile, but no music.

Us moderators have a 'split-topic' button that we haven't tried. Maybe be a good time to experiment using it.

Mark
Sylvia

I see a music box control under under my contact information box. I have to push the play button to hear the music. It doesn't auto load.
Mark
Site Admin

From the viewer end, I don't see that music link. Also don't see any auto-load controls in the admin panel. Could be a mod to add to make it do that tho.

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Sylvia,

I returned to your profile page and there was the music. I pressed play and the bagpipes played.

I'll work on looking for some tweaks to that, like auto-play. I'm also not sure where you get the music. In myspace, you would get the music from within myspace (other member pages & such).

So stuff to learn yet.

Mark
Sylvia

You can find music and upload it, which I did. I'm not sure if will accept anything but wav files though. I also have no idea how you'd upload your own player as it seems to indicate you can do.
bilbar25

Mark/Sylvia:

Could one of you please check my profile to see if my music is available to you?

Thanks...

Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
Sylvia

I get a quicktime box, says to click to use, and then has an error.
bilbar25

Quicktime !! ?

h-m-m-m...back to the drawing board!

Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
JD
Site Admin

Yeah, I am not having much luck with it either. First I tried html to a file I have at another server. Then from Sylvia's suggestion I put just the url to the wav file. All I got was a large Quicktime logo. So I used a converter and converted it to mp3. Then I got a small Quicktime logo and and a thing saying I needed a plug-in. This is with Firefox. So I tried the link with MSIE but still got the same error. I was able to hear Sylvia's bagpipes so it is probably something I am doing wrong. No big I guess.

If anyone knows how to get this going, the sound files are

members.aol.com/mhrepairs/Len.wav

members.aol.com/mhrepairs/Len.mp3
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Sylvia

Didn't this format come with a help page?
Mark
Site Admin

A help page, well, sort of. You can visit the forum over at phpbb.com for help. Specifically for the mps mod, there may be something in this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=377453.

There's also the website of the person who created the mps mod, and that's here: http://mpsmod.com/.

Mark