Change myspace colors?

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Sylvia

I thought I was supposed to enter my myspace url or something. It didn't occur to me that there could be something else called myspace that wasn't myspace :lol:

Anyway, is there a way to change the background? I haven't figured out the music thingy yet either.
Mark
Site Admin

Sylvia,

We look like myspace, but we're offically called 'my profile space.' This program is new to all of us, and I'm still learning about all that its capable of doing. I haven't figured out the music thing yet, but if you do -- school us.

As for controls to change the background color & such, at the moment all I see are admin controls. But I 'think' you can enter html, like on the real myspace, and change your page that way.

This profile space is very foreign to most of the visitors to this website. I'm sure some find it fascinating, others not. What we need is people, like yourself perhaps, who are familiar with myspace to come in and really show us how to do-up a profile page. Things like playing music, showing video, making comments with images -- this program is suppose to be capable of all that.

If you're trying to do something and can't get r done, ask and maybe there's a mod I can add or a backend admin control that I can change to help.

If I come-up with something else on the colors, I'll post.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Sylvia

At the "other" myspace you'd just get a layout and copy the html into your about me area. I could try it and see if it works I suppose.
Sylvia

It's in the css easy controls or something like that. It's not all that easy and it's not all that well marked. The color chart is too small to read. I did find another color chart to use though. I still haven't figured out what parts they're calling what. the diagrams leave quite a bit to be desired. But, I'm working on it :wink:
bilbar25

Sylvia wrote: The color chart is too small to read. :wink:

Sylvia:
Once the provided color chart has been opened, you can click on the chart itself to enlarge it!

If that helps you...

Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
Sylvia

I saw that I can enlarge it and I did, but enlarged it's still too tiny. I guess I need new glasses 8)
klm9707

Sylvia,
Google "hex code" and you will find other color charts that may be easier to read. I have changed the colors on my page several times now and probably will several more times til I like what I see. Like you, I would like to know how to change the background from more than just a color but have a pic. or something else as a background but I only know some basic HTML and not enough to change my bg. If you figure something out, please let us know.
Sylvia

I actually do have a background now. It's in the css area. That wasn't the difficult part. The difficult part is it's unclear as to what each part actually does. It was a lot of trial and error.
Mark
Site Admin

Sylvia -- when you did your profile page, did the same code you use on a regular myspace page work for this page? I'm assuming it did. I need to play with that as I have a myspace code that would put a picture in the background. First I'll try it, then if it works I'll post the code if anyone else wants to do it. Maybe later tonight I'll play with it. Need more hours in a day! :lol:

Mark
Mark
Site Admin

OK, I've been playing. Basically two ways to enter background images into your profile page. Easiest way is to go into 'East CSS Tool' and insert a url to a website that's hosting your photo (like photo bucket, or we can host it here -- just contactus). A vertical picture works best in this case.

The second way is to enter code into the 'About Me' box of the 'Edit MPS profile'.

Take a look at my profile. Tonight I added the photo by entering code into the About Me box. However, I'd like the picture to fill around the detail boxes, so I'm still tweaking.

By the way, the cloud photo was taken at my son's scout camp last summer.

Mark
Sylvia

That looks great Mark! How did you do it? I only found a place to change the color. I have a second shamrock picture to put on the outside.
Mark
Site Admin

Sylvia,

Below is the code to put in the 'About Me' box. I was hoping it would show up on the inside if I set the background to transparent of the css settings, but that ain't working.

In the code below, change the url of the picture to your url, and you can change the colors too:

<Style type="text/css"> body{ background-image:url(http://www.yourhost.com/yourpicture.jpg);

background-position:Top Left; background-attachment:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; scrollbar-track-color:5897A9;

scrollbar-face-color:5897A9; scrollbar-highlight-color:000000; scrollbar-base-color:000000;

scrollbar-darkShadow-color:000000; scrollbar-shadow-color:000000; scrollbar-arrow-color:FFFFFF; } Table, Td{

background-color:transparent; } table table table{ width:100%; background-color:transparent; border-color:000000;

border-style:solid; border-width:1px; } table table table table{ width:auto; } table table table table, table table table

td{ border-style:none; } body, div, p, strong, td, .text, .blacktext10, .blacktext12, a.searchlinkSmall,

a.searchlinkSmall:link, a.searchlinkSmall:visited{ color:FFFFFF; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; } .orangetext15,

.lightbluetext8, .whitetext12, .nametext, .btext, .redtext, .redbtext{ color:E0C252; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; }

a, a:link, a:visited, a.navbar, a.navbar:link, a.navbar:visited, a.man, a.man:link, a.man:visited, a.redlink,

a.redlink:visited{ color:E0C252; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; } a:hover, a:active, a.navbar:hover, a.navbar:active,

a.man:hover, a.man:active, a.searchlinkSmall:hover, a.searchlinkSmall:active, a.redlink:hover, a.redlink:hover{

color:F2E5EC; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; } </Style> <br/><br/>
Sylvia

Well, that worked and didn't kill everything else I already put in. My about me box is wacky though now. :~)
Mark
Site Admin

That code worked pretty good for your profile design.

Mark