Used Coleman Furnace, New installation

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cdopkowski

I have a Used Coleman 3400A812. I am trying to install it in my trailer. My questions are how to hook up thermostat, andwill this unit heat a double wide well?

Thanks in advance, Chris
Robert

Do you have heat only or heat & a/c ?

Is t-stat digital, programmable, etc... ?

How many wires going to t-stat, 2 or 4+ ?

It may work if home is not very big.

What is homes square footage ?

Only way to know exact size needed is a Manual J Load Calc, preferrably one by ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America).

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cdopkowski

Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

Heat only

digital t-stat, no programmable (GemTech GT 5000)

2 wires coming out of the heater red and white, I found the website for this so I think that I have that figured out. Is this heater 24 vac to t-stat? I know that it is a 240vac heater, but this t-stat only had instructions for 24 vac electric heaters.

Square footage is approx. 1000

What is a manual J load calc?

thanks chris
cdopkowski

Robert,

I also need to see about a disconnect for this unit as I have discovered that I don't have the deal that plugs in to connect the power from where I wired it to the 4 fuses.

Thanks,
Chris
Robert

Hi Chris,

Yes, it is 24vac to t-stat.

Manual J Load Calc is a program to determine exact size of units needed for homes.

Will probably be ok for 1000 sq. ft. if it has decent insulation and you keep the underbelly and skirting sealed tight.

Are you saying you just do not have the pull handle part ?

If so, they are no longer sold seperate, would need disconnect assembly.

How many fuses and what sizes ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cdopkowski

Robert,

Thanks for the info, Yes I just need the pull handle, I have the fuses (2-30amp & 2-40amps) and the block that the pull handle goes in.

Thanks,
Chris
Robert

See my above reply, will have to purchase whole disconnect assembly.

I believe I replied by email as well.

Thanks,
Robert