Making friends notification

Find an error, need help completing a profile, have a suggestion? Ask us anything relating to the function of this website. Unable to post? Then email us from the contact page.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Hi Mark,

Just recieved email from JD, seems he has been trying to add me as a friend but I am not recieving the invite. We were set up as friends, but when he deleted one of his profiles it went away. So it appears that I am not getting my invites....any thoughts?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

At the top, do you see a 'new friends' button or something like that? Anyone who's trying to be your friend should be listed in there. Let me know what you see.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Hey Mark,

Yup, just accepted a couple new friends but JD is not there. Hmmm, must be something one of us is not doing, we'll get it.

Is it me or do some of those buttons at the top of the page change?

~Yanita~
Yanita

Hey Mark,

I just went to "invite" JD as friends and it says I already invited him...I am thinking maybe he has not checked his new messages link.

JD if you are reading this look for the link new messages or no new messages under the HVAC link.

Have a great day guys...

~Yanita~
Mark
Site Admin

Yanita,

Maybe this is the problem. Once you get so many friends, you then need to click at the bottom of your friends box to see them all. The box will only show 4-6 friends at one time, and the rest you can see by clicking 'view/edit friends' at the bottom.

Mark
Sylvia

On the top link in the profile space I think it was called css settings? You can change the amount of friends to display. I have a snow day today so I'm playing with the page controls.
Mark
Site Admin

I see you are playing with your profile. Everyone should take a look -- ask Sylvia to be a friend and leave a message.

Also, a note to me, figure out how to enable photo upload from computer to messages (just like it's done in the forum).

Mark