Coleman Electric Furnace Wobbly Blower Wheel

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

talon0775

I have a fairly new (approx 2 year old) Coleman electric furnace / ac system. It was originally a heat only but ac was installed when the home was delivered. I am the original owner / purchaser of the home. The following numbers are on the unit: On the blower assembly:
(Z) 3500-7901/A
EB 5T A/C Blower PKG

Model: EB15B

See Photos:

The blower wheel wobbles badly and is getting worse by the day. I THINK I can change it myself if I can find the correct part but should I choose to have a pro do it what can I expect (ballpark) for the job? I have access to just about ny hand tool imaginable (wrenches / sockets / pliers / multimeters / screwdrivers, etc) my only concern is as seen in the 1st picture is there is a refrigerant line to the left of the enclosure but I think I can get the unit out around it. It doesn't wobble like it's loose but more so when it turns it will contact the far right edge of the enclosure at a certain point. It's not the enclosure thats bent but I fear the motor shaft is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Go here and look at this article:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... lower.html

When the a/c is installed, the refrigeration lines should be run allowing for blower housing removal.

DO NOT bend those lines though. You should be able to hold a piece of cardboard between the housing and lines as you slide the housing out.

Then you can look it over after disassembly using the steps in the article and see what is needed, which should be available .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
talon0775

Thanks for the reply, can you tell me what part # I need - I looked on this site at the list of repair parts but none of the numbers match whats on my unit. It's a 5 ton AC system BTW.
Robert

Hi,

It is Blower Wheel # 3300-3611 @ $134.71 + $12.00 shipping.

It is a special order part that would require payment in full before being ordered in and would take approx. 2 weeks to get in for shipment to you.

If interested, it can be ordered through PayPal from right side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Or, by calling toll free after 9AM CST Mon thru Fri to

1-877-263-7860 and charging to Visa or Mastercard.

If outside the US, let me know for added info before ordering.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
talon0775

Great thanks very much! Also is that available as an assembly with the motor and blower already installed in the housing? As bad as it is the motor shaft is probably bent or bearing worn. Not to mention it's easier to just pull the old assembly out and install the new. I saw them listed for smaller units.
Robert

Hi,

Yes, same as wheel, special order. I will get price of it tomorrow and send to you when I return to regular office.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi,

Yes, same as wheel, special order. I will get price of it tomorrow and send to you when I return to regular office.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi,

Tornadic weather kept me at our new home and away from regular office today.

Should be able to get that info tomorrow.

Thanks,
Robert