Filler UP !

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

SpongeBob

Tonight I filled up the Jeep at $3.12 per gallon. To my surprise I realized I was under video surveillance!Image
Yanita

Hey SpongeBob,

Wow, gas is high in your area, but I am sure the prices will be going up here as well. Saw on the news yesterday that the West coast could experience gas prices at the pump at $4.00 or better a gallon by spring...

Sure this will also increase the price of heating... gas/oil/kero as well. Glad I locked in on propane prices and pay monthly instead of by the tank!

Unfortunately I do not pay attention to the daily/weekly price changes at the pump. One of those items I need and therefore must pay the price. What I do know is the only thing convenient about a Convenience Store is that they can consume the better share of a hundred dollar bill between a tank of gas, cigs, a Pepsi and milk!

Might turn out to be a tight winter financially for many folks that live in the colder regions. My family all live in Vermont and yesterday they got alot of snow, and was snowing again this morning, a winter weather warning advisory was issued. The high winds were bitter cold.

Well, back to your cartoon pic..here in NC as soon as dusk comes all pumps are locked down and you must go inside to pay before fueling and we have been under surveillance for the 12 years I have lived here.

Stay warm!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

Gas prices in Fresno today run from $3.07 to $3.45 a gallon, with most places near $3.30. I am not fond of no-name gas, Citgo, Valero or Arco stations, so I pay the $3.30.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Yep

Gas is $3.10 near my house.

Europe has always been higher than the USA. Here are some examples per gallon.

Belgium $7.57
France $7.20
Germany $7.39
Italy $7.40
Netherlands $8.08
UK $7.83

When I lived in Germany I drove a VW. I wish I had one now.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Kristi1

wow, that high for gas. :shock:

In where I live in Troutdale, Oregon gas is $2.89 for gallon.

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2L V8
Greg

Central New York, $3.34 usually across the board, Sunoco, Mobile, Getty, no name etc. with in a few cents of each other. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Well I did pay attention today!

The Monte was down to less than a quarter of a tank...thanks to the Hubby :roll: , after this many years he should know better than to leave my car like that...anyways at the pump, 3.09, 3.19, 3.29 these are the brand name places.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!

$3.05 for regular here in Massachusetts. Always fill your tank in the early morning, as gas expands (becomes less dense) the warmer it gets in the holding tanks and you pump less for your money later in the day. Billions less a year country-wide from what I just read, meaning even more unearned profits for the oil companies.
Manitoba Bill

I just filled up and now that the loonie is near par with the U.S dollar it is easier to compare prices.

It cost me $1.02 for a Litre. That compares to your price as 1.02X3.78L=$3.86. Sure wish I lived in Alberta, the oil boom capitol.

Despite the $100 per barrel our prices have dropped about 5C a litre but could go up at any time.

Wayne; Does that mean our almost frozen gas fills my tank more? LOL
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
lucasboy

$3.19 a gallon up here in my part of the country. Two days ago it was $2.99. :x
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck all
oldfart

Took the truck into work today. (weeping softly now..sob..sniffle...baaawwlll!) I should'a known better! The front tank was empty...25gal....the rear tank was inhaleing fumes...another 25gallons! OH LORD!!! SOMEBODY JUST SHOOT ME! I crammed the nozzle into the filler and watched my whole paycheck dissapear. GLUG! GLUG! GLUG! $3.20 a gallon! You've got to be $*%!!*%& me! Almost 50 gallons of gasoline at $3.20 a gallon on account of some abba-dabba broke wind and sent the price of crude oil over $100 a barrel!!! And this crude oil won't hit the market for at least a year! We bought this gasoline last year!! At $50 a barrel! AWWWKKK! I tried to finagle the cashier out of a free cup'a coffee. No dice. Figgered I'd go for a free donut! Nada..zip...not a chance. "How 'bout a free carwash...mebbe a newspaper....could you tell me what time it is?"....! Nope..nuthin'...pay yer tab and get lost. Folks..I left feeling..probed. Gouged, scewered..gigged....gammahooched...prodded...tweaked...violated...bent and used. BUT!!! I got a full sized pick-up truck with 4 wheel drive that can inhale 1 gallon of perversley expensive gasoline every 10 miles! Ha! Camel-jockeys...KMA! Audie... the Oldfart..

Believe it or not it does, Bill! Not so much that you'd actually notice it on one fill-up, but over time it is quite measureable. Consumer groups are even working to get the oil companies to reimburse customers for the millions extra we pay every year for their "expanded" product! Until recently, they just pocketed the extra profits and tried to keep it quiet, but with rising prices it is becoming a real issue. So there's another reason to be glad you live up there in the Great White North.
SpongeBob

...."Momma said there would be days like this.....there would be days like this my momma said........."

-Bob
Harry

Yo

What do ya think?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Susan

Wow! What an idea. Does it come in silver? About how long would my 60 mile r/t daily commute take?

Gas is $3.19 - $3.69 per gallon in my area. I am surrounded by oil refineries owned by all of the major suppliers and we tend to have some of the highest prices in the country.
Susan

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue