Whats your...

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

New Years Eve plans?

Any family traditions, resolutions...?

At this time we have none as far as going out...but that is always subject to change..I have to work tomorrow, LOL, possible that could change as well!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
cottonlily

We have no set traditions. Hubby seems to be slowly reverting to childhood again as he has bought fireworks, just for the two of us. May have a few magaritas at home and put the fire dept on speed dial. Nothing special...
Demolition

In about two hours I am taking a Greyhound to Texarkana, to spend New Years with GF.

My Traditions? I am just glad to get out of the year alive. I usually stay at the house or stay overnight with good friends. There is too much crazy stuff going on during New Years. Lots of people who never drink, trying to get behind the wheel.

Everyone maintain safe holiday practices, all year long. I enjoy visiting with you all here on the forum.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town
Harry

Hi

2008:

1. more fishing
2. recover from spine surgery
3. change to a more healthy diet
4. take a few trips

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?

Best of luck on your resolutions, Harry. Almost everyone I spoke to today had no plans for New Year's Eve other than staying at home and "watching the ball drop", including yours truly. Even if they were tempted to do something outside the home, it was "no way - tonight's amateur hour" or "there's too many drunks on the road." On the way home from work tonight, I counted 6 police cars in my 5 mile commute. That's the total amount of cruisers for the 3 towns I went through! Even if you wanted to go out and celebrate, would you dare? One stiff martini and your life could change forever. Not that keeping drunks off the road is a bad thing, but maybe we should learn from the grade-schoolers and have organized New Year's Eve partys available for those that want to imbibe rather than letting them roam free "trick or treating." New Years Eve has gone the way of the office Christmas party and that's not necessarily a bad thing! People can and do make fools of themselves every day. They certainly don't need an official "holiday" like New Year's Eve to do it!
SpongeBob

I'm glad to see the holidays come.....and glad to see them go also. I am such a creature of routine & habit. It will be nice to get back on a normal schedule.
Yanita

I hear you Spongebob,

Seems for the past month it has been a rat race, this get together that get together, all that shopping (and I hate shopping) extra work with my business etc..

I to am a creature of habit and routine, am certainly glad to have it get back to the norm!

Happy New Year,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!