Coleman Gas Furnace model 7724 (1982-1984?) DSI Question

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

grb8217

My Coleman model 7724 (w/o AC) with a Fenwal DSI was installed in 1985. About 10 years ago, intermittent ignition problems started. Up until now, replacing the booster motor relay fixed the problem. The quality of relays has gone down over the years, so about every 2 years I end up replacing the booster motor relay.

The booster motor just runs forever, but there is no ignition attempt. This usually happens during a normal heat cycle, like when turning up the heat in the morning. Usually, one or two thermostat re-sets (off/on again) will get it going again. I've been looking at the the furnace when the call for heat

Now I am wondering if the Spark Igniter is going bad, and what model would I replace it with now? My best guess is that the Fenwal 35-60 series, 24v with 30 second pre-purge. Are there any part numbers available?

Thanks!
Robert

Hi Greg,

It is no longer available through Coleman or its distributors. Therefore, you would need a Tech to see what universal one might work for it.

That's not something we can safely do from here.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?