Looking for these members

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Linda

Linda here and checking in. We are having a bad time here. My 97 year old mother in law is dying of CHF and with her Alzheimer's it has been very hard on us. We have her here at home and hospice is with us. I check in late at night and read when I have time. Tonight has been bad she has been in distress and very restless.

We did get our roof done in Sept. so we have done some repairs this year. We put in the thermal wrap and we are seeing some relief from the high electric bills. Need that here in Texas got up to 84 here yesterday and going back to 81 today records for both days. We hope to get bathroom and laundry room floors done this next year if everything goes well.

Linda
Greg

Good to hear from you Linda. Hang in there, We just went through my Mother in law's cancer & funeral. Things will get better. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hey Kashton,

Great to hear form you! Sorry to hear about all that is happening, but if you are working on a new relationship I guess things are going fairly decent.

Are you still planning on moving or are those plans on hold for now?

Hope you and the kids are doing well, and not to fret over home improvements right now.

Take care and keep us posted!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Yanita

Hi Linda,

Glad to hear from you as well,

So sorry to hear about your MIL. Alzheimer's is a tough thing to handle. Hospice is a wonderful group, we used their services in the latter stages of my Dad's sickness.

Do try to take care of yourself and please try to keep us updated.

Glad you got your roof done. Heck any reprieve in electrical bills make the reno's and repairs worth it. I know we are enjoying our new doors/windows and heating/ac unit.

It has been cold here at night in N.Carolina but today is suppose to get into the 70* range and stay that way into next week, love the reprieve on the energy bill.

Take care of yourself and thanks so much for taking the time to post! Come back as soon as you can.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
JD
Site Admin

Hi Linda, Troy and Kelley! Long time. Don't be such a stranger. I hope you all have a great holiday season.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kashton

Yanita,

Still plan on moving, but not right away. The ex had it in an agreement that I had to finish and sell by next August. Now he has decided to sign his share over to me. I already talked to the landlord for the park. No complaints about my dog that they said I couldn't have. They are willing to give me time to finish.

My new man is a sweetheart. I have know him for ten years, but haven't seen him for about 7 of those years. He came into my mushroom depot. It all started when he asked me to do his tile floors in his kitchen and bathroom. He started coming by everyday to see me.(Don't I feel special) He has already asked me if the kids and I would move in with him when his renos are finished. That won't be until next summer, so there is time to make sure everything works out. He has a big house, but is living in the basement suite until the upstairs is done. Nice big yard(He is giving me the back yard for my Japanese garden) He is a good man. The kids really like him too!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Yanita

Hi Folks,

For those that remember Audie aka the ole fart I just wanted to pass on that I got an email from him. All is well and he has completed even more reno's on his home.

Once things calm down..2 full time jobs etc he said he will post, hopefully share more of his funny stories!

Thanks to all that have posted, good to know that everyone is doing well!

Happy Holidays,

Yanita