Wesco Model 2100 Electric Furnace-blower won't start

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

onedayhomebuyer

I've got an Wesco Model 2100 Electric Furnace and the blower won't start. We replaced the Thermostat (it has fresh batteries now) and one heating element about 12 months ago. I can see the elements "heat up" when the Thermostat is "on" but no blower. I can manually start the blower with the Fan switch on the furnace. Any suggestions?

I do have a schematic of the furnace but I'm unsure how to post it.
Thanks
Randy
hvac1000

Usually something like this is caused by a sequencer in a electric furnace. Sorry but I do not have a listing for that brand.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
onedayhomebuyer

Mark,

What is a sequencer? Where would I find it? What does it look like? Where can I find a replacement? Thanks
hvac1000

Look at some of these pictures to get a idea of what parts look like. NOTE These are not parts for your furnace but pictures to see what the parts look like.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

I have no parts list or parts that I know for sure fits your Wesco furnace.
onedayhomebuyer

Mark,
Thanks for the photos. My sequencers look similiar. How do I tell which one is bad? Are they rated based on voltage or Amps?
hvac1000

Since we do not have any actual parts listed for your unit you will need to find the one listed or tracked down on your wiring diagram that shows it connects/controls the blower circuit. Then I will need all the numbers off of the control including the brand of sequencer.