nordyne e2eb 015hb Heating element

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

partsjockey

nordyne e2eb 015hb is the model.

Noticed cool air coming from the vents this evening, check the breaker and it was kicked. I reset and air heated up, thermostat kicked off. Walked by the furnace about 30 minutes later and noticed a lot of heat coming from the area. Pulled the cover off and could see the glow of the element. I reached down and flipped the breaker on the unit itself, element kicked off. Flipped breaker back, element came back.

What controls the element? Limit Switch? or something else.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Bill
hvac1000

Your blower is supposed to be running any time the elements are on. If you have a on setting on the thermostat for the blower turn it on. I want to see if the fan runs with it set to on.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
partsjockey

Ended up being a stuck contactor, which in turn burnt the element out.
Old Guy

You may want to have the limit switch checked, it should have turned off the heat element before it got hot enough to burn out, unless it was very old.
Just a thought.
partsjockey

Replaced the limit switch also as a precaution, feeling that nice toasty heat on my feet as I type.