Sorry not really repair related

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Dani

Hello everyone,

Sort of off the repair topic but I need some help in finding a mobile home transport company in Southern California. I manage a small senior park. The owners have several parks. We have a space open here and they want to move a home in to sell it. The owners are very nice, elder people. They keep asking me to find a compnay to move transport the home. I have called about 25 local trucking companies who all think I'm nuts when I ask if they can transport a home.

Anyone got any names of companies that due this sort of thing. Maybe I'm just not searching with the right phrases or something, not sure why this is turning into a never ending search. Any help great appreicated.

Thanks, in advance!

Dani
Mark
Site Admin

I would call all the area mobile home dealers and ask if they move homes. If not, most all would surely have at least one recommendation of who does move homes. Like any good company, a good mover is probably so busy they don't need to advertise much.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Demolition

I agree with Mark. Mobile Home dealers want their new product transported and set up by professionals.

Contrary to popular belief... moving a mobile home is not the same as moving a semi-trailer. Besides damage to the Mobile Home, amatures have been known to damage other things in the city.
Call Dinwiddie Demolition we'll tear that house right down.
Sweep up every splinter n haul it out of town