Home made solar works don't be fooled

Share with us your alternative energy ideas and projects. Tell us about your experiments, no matter how far-fetched they may seem.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dean3

Prolly not! All depends on My situation at the time.

Generally I don't care about aesthetics here at home but being in a MH park I have to pay at least some attention outdoors.

I just wonder about decent looking boxes of this type,wich seem to efficiently convert energy as they are,,if a removable summer cover of solar film with quick connect to battery bank and/or the grid would be aesthetically pleasing and economically feasible. Depending on the sq footage and efficiancy of panels they could feed a backup system or maybe power low draw use like lighting full time.

Dean
DigitalDreams

Aesthetics in a park would be a issue but if your park is like the one we lived in before getting property, most don't mind a nice shed for tool storage next to the house.

Just build your Panels into the shed it will look like a dark wall instead of a projection from the house. I plan to build two water based panels
this summer into a shed on the end of the house,paint it to match the house and put pv panels on the roof to run dc pumps during daylight hours. The ugly ones I got now will be repainted to match house.

Also if you got a room like my computer room facing south you could do what I've been thinking about just remove the window which is always shaded anyway because of reflection and replace it with a small pv powered window size panel.

If all else fails, project the idea on your wife, if she is a person like my wife ,she will shoot it down until the aesthetics are right ,and you just keep reconfiguring it ,till she lets it fly.
Dean3

That's a thought,I have a few more things to do concerning My cubic feet downsize for winter heat saving tho.

No wife here,,been waiting for another GF to drop onto My lap but as I age they are fewer and farther between.

"Come over here" sez the spider to the fly "No,You are a buzzkill" sez the fly. Prettymuch sums up My recent lovelife. LOL

Dean
DigitalDreams

Grandma was wise she told my sister (you get what you look for) so maybe change what your lookin for,she did and wala she got what she really was lookin for.
Dean3

Oh no,not Me. When I go "chasin skirts" I get Myself into trouble some way shape or form. Lookin back on past mistakes I learn I am far more tired of trouble than I am lonely,,true story and not likely to change soon. Just knowing that is worth alot.

Dean
DigitalDreams

Dean I think I found your love life problem ,don't chase the skirt ,chase the mind the skirt has to come along unless your dating wig holders.